Development Event Associate
Full Medical and Dental
The Development Event Associate will be responsible for supporting Omega’s growing fundraising program, including all projects to cultivate current and prospective funders. As a member of the Development team, the Development Event Associate will initiate all appropriate projects, participate in all elements of fundraising activities and report to the Development Assistant Director.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in event planning
- Excellent project and process management skills including planning, coordinating, and organization
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Highly responsive, timely, accurate and thorough in follow-through
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and balance competing assignments
- Demonstrated capacity to manage high-profile, large-scale events, campaigns, and projects
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to link Omega’s mission and program objectives with donors’ interests and priorities
- Desire to work in a team atmosphere
- Proficiency in Word and Excel required
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge highly recommended
- Flexibility to work extended hours
- Awareness of trends and development in the Holistic Education field
- In alignment with Omega’s visions, goals and core values
- Effectively develop, coordinate, and execute local and regional Development-related events
- Establish and drive event timelines, goals, deliverables, and income and expense forecasts
- Manage cross-department logistics and coordination
- Oversee all vendor relationships
- Coordinate the recruitment and organizing of volunteers as needed
- Develop event collateral material and guest correspondence including invitations, sponsorship opportunities, rundowns, and follow-up reports
- Provide regular status reports to Development Assistant Director and others as needed
- Provide post-event analysis and implement changes to procedures and processes as needed
- And other job responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisor
After carefully reviewing the requirements above, qualified individuals are invited to apply by sending a resume and well-crafted cover letter that serves as an introduction and includes answers to the following questions:
- Why are you applying for this role?
- What can you offer Omega?
- What do you imagine this role will offer you professionally and personally?
- How do you know Omega’s work? Have you experienced us on campus or in some other way?
- In what way(s) has your professional life reflected Omega’s mission statement?
- In what way(s) have Omega’s core values resonated within your work life and personal life?
- Which core value do you resonate with most fully and why?
- What are your salary requirements? (Feel free to state a range.)
Send cover letter and resume to People and Culture at email@example.com. No phone calls please.