A Reservationist works in a fast-paced environment, answering phones and selling various programs/workshops for Omega’s Rhinebeck campus and off-site locations, while focusing on customer service and supporting Omega’s mission and values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Omega complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable New York State or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, Omega will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
- One year of transferable work experience: customer service, call center, data entry
- Ability to focus in high volume call center area
- Team player
- Understanding of the content of Omega’s workshops
- Awareness of trends and development in the holistic education field
- Alignment with Omega’s mission, goals, and core values
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Answer and complete calls in a timely fashion, without sacrificing customer service.
- Provide accurate information about Omega, our courses and facilities, in a positive and courteous manner.
- Register program participants in courses, housing and transportation accurately, meeting special needs when possible.
- Use independent discretion on a daily basis to make customer service decisions, including exceptions to balance due dates.
- Proof set-up and website information.
- Make discretionary decisions on cancel policy.
- Reconcile financials at the end of the day.
- Provide continuing customer service while program participants are on campus.
- Maintain information and workstations efficiently.
- Other job responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisor.
- This position functions in Omega’s administrative offices on the Omega campus.
- Physical demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some standing and reaching may be required to welcome program participants (on rare occasions this will be done outdoors). Other special projects such as filing or mailing may be required which would necessitate the ability to lift up to 20 pounds, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand, as necessary.
- This is a full-time position.
- The typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. This schedule may vary when special needs and projects arise.
After carefully reviewing the requirements above, qualified individuals are invited to apply by sending a resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please type Reservationist followed by your name (Last, First), as the only contents in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls, please.
Omega Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
We seek diversity within our staff that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.