Social Media Coordinator
Dual Reports to: Managing Editor of Marketing and Manager of External Communications
The Social Media Coordinator serves as the primary creator, coordinator, and monitor of social media activity at Omega. As a member of the Marketing and External Affairs Departments, collaborates with other departments within Omega to craft and post compelling social media content. Responsible for researching, conceiving and executing original content across platforms with an eye toward strategy and user engagement. Monitors and collates data on Omega’s social media engagement and participation and identifies opportunities to develop Omega’s overall social media presence.
For over 30 years, Omega has been dedicated to awakening the best in the human spirit through innovative learning, healing and self-development opportunities, and has consistently been at the forefront of human development. From nurturing early dialogues on the integration of modern medicine and natural healing; to designing programs that connect science, spirituality and creativity; to laying groundwork for new traditions and lifestyles, Omega is a place where people from all walks of life come for inspiration, restoration and new ideas. This mission guides Omega in helping people find health, happiness and community while living gently on the Earth.
As the nation's most trusted source for wellness and personal growth, Omega welcomes over 23,000 people each year to its workshops, conferences, events, retreats and community initiatives led by renowned faculty and dedicated staff on its beautiful, 250-acre campus in the countryside of Rhinebeck, New York, as well as programs held in California, Costa Rica and other exceptional locations. Omega's personal and social development programs are delivered through all modes of experiential education and are designed to foster lifelong learning, inspired living and community building.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Omega complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable New York State or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, Omega will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
- Three plus years of experience coordinating and managing social media across multiple channels at a digital agency, company or nonprofit organization
- Strong time management skills
- Analytical thinker
- Must have active accounts across key social media sites that include, but are not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Must have exceptional traditional writing and grammatical skills and a flair for using “social media speak”
- Excellent verbal communication skills; able to clearly present ideas and information
- Extreme attention to detail and outstanding organization skills
- Collaborative team player able to integrate with diverse internal groups
- Interest and passion in social media and emerging technologies
- Diligent work ethic with a desire to expand skill set while consistently learning
- Ability to think quickly (but not rashly) and prioritize
- Proactive, creative, and independent
- Team player
- Understanding of the content of Omega’s workshops
- Awareness of trends and development in the holistic education field
- Alignment with Omega’s mission, goals, and core values
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience writing or developing content at digital agency, company, or nonprofit
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lead the effort to create content ideas and imagery for posts that are in alignment with Omega brand, including writing original copy for social media ads, posts across social media channels, and for faculty social media
- Creating, tracking, implementing, and monitoring posts across all social platforms
- Repurpose writer and programmer content to work across social platforms; provide guidance/suggestions to writers and others on social media writing best practices
- Independently research and create social promotional strategies for initiatives and programs; make recommendations to Marketing team for implementation, with an eye to creativity and user engagement
- Track community growth, performance, and participation
- Experience using social media advertising tools. For example, Facebook’s Power Editor, boosted posts, Twitter advertising
- Understand and recognize opportunities within emerging platforms, online communities, and digital industry developments
- Understand social media analyticsin order to optimize and create/adapt strategies
- Translate social media analytics into an insightful narrative
- Compile metrics report of social media platforms to monitor engagement, growth, trends
- Manage multiple projects, deliverables, and deadlines
- Manage outreach to blogs, websites, influencers, and niche communities
- Other duties as requested by supervisors
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position functions in Omega’s administrative offices on the Omega campus.
- Physical demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand, as necessary. Office workers aren't expected to perform heavy lifting regularly, but they may be expected to lift a box of paper or similar item, which weighs approximately 20 pounds.
- This is a full-time position.
- The typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. This schedule may vary when special needs and projects arise.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
All applicants will be considered based on resume and cover letter with salary requirements. In addition, please answer the following questions within your cover letter:
- Why are you applying for this role? What can you offer Omega?
- What do you imagine this role will offer you professionally and personally?
- How do you know Omega’s work? Have you experienced us on campus or in some other way?
- In what way(s) has your professional life reflected Omega’s mission statement?
- In what way(s) have Omega’s core values resonated within your work life and personal life?
- Which core value do you resonate with most fully and why?
- What are your salary requirements? (Feel free to state a range.)
Please email email@example.com with Social Media Coordinator in the title. No phone calls, please.
Omega Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
We seek diversity within our staff that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.