Seasonal Staff FAQ
Q. Who should apply to Seasonal Staff?
- A. People who believe in giving through service and see this as a way of deepening personal growth are perfect candidates for Omega’s seasonal staff. Beyond the skills and physical ability needed for all seasonal jobs at Omega, we look for staff who can work well with others, display good customer service, and embrace the principle of compassionate service. When staff join us ready and willing to give, share, and serve, we are able to build an abundant, thriving, and energetic learning community.
- Q. What is the Omega community like?
- A. Omega is many different things to different people, which reflects our dedication to embracing holism and creating a welcoming space. It’s up to every member of the Omega seasonal staff to contribute to the sense of community, working together toward the shared goal of Omega’s mission to bring hope and healing to individuals and society.
- Q. Is Omega an ashram, religious institution, or spiritual center?
- A. Omega represents a variety of holistic disciplines and is not oriented toward one spiritual tradition. Omega welcomes and honors all spiritual paths. While some Omega staff are devoted to a personal spiritual practice, others are not. We ask all our staff to be welcoming, accepting, and tolerant of diversity in all its forms.
- Q. Is Omega a good place for me to come to rest, recover, and heal?
- A. Omega is not a rehabilitation or recovery center. It is a highly stimulating and often challenging environment. You will be working 6–8 hours a day, 5 days a week. All Omega jobs require full attention, commitment, and energy. A season working at Omega can be very demanding, as well as profoundly rewarding.
- Q. How are work assignments made?
- A. We try to hire staff for each department according to their skills and our needs. Seasonal Staff often come with excellent skills in specific areas and, if there are no openings in departments that use such skills, staff members are asked to take other positions. There is much to be gained by experiencing new situations. Usually, the most available openings for Omega seasonal staff jobs are in Housekeeping, Omega FoodWorks, and administrative support or clerical jobs.
- Q. What is the compensation package?
- A. For most full-time (April or May through October) positions, there is a modest stipend (the range depends upon an individual’s skills, years of service, and position), and room and board. For part-time positions, there is no monetary compensation; board and tent sites are provided. All Omega seasonal staff receive three healthy, vegetarian meals per day, staff programs, special events, access to campus amenities, discounts, and the opportunity to live and work in a very unique and meaningful way.
- Q. Will I have full participation in community decisions?
- A. In day-to-day matters that affect seasonal staff life, staff input is welcome. However, any decision that affects the entire campus or Omega’s business decisions will be made at a supervisory level. Our decisions are made in the interest of the whole community, based on many years of history and experience.
- Q. What are the qualities Omega looks for when hiring seasonal staff?
- A. We seek candidates who identify with our mission and core values—warm and friendly people who are genuinely committed to welcoming and supporting our participants and guests during their stay, and who are committed to providing compassionate service.
- Learn how to apply for a seasonal staff job at Omega.