My Teaching Assistant, Rebecca Clark, and I (and other assistants), are ecstatic to share this amazing experience with you at Omega! In order to arrive prepared, we ask that you consider the following:
• Bring to class with you the book, Shapeshifting into Higher Consciousness. The book is available for purchase at the Omega bookstore, if you do not come with one in hand. There are further reading recommendations at the close of this letter.
• Feel free to bring along any small special items (such as small stones or talismans) for the altar and/or for shamanic ritual purposes as well as a drum and/or rattle if you like. We will also have extra drums and rattles available to use. We will collect sacred items (huacas) on the land at Omega and we will also bring some to offer to you, so if you have none of your own - no worries.
• We suggest you wear comfortable, natural fiber clothing to sessions and bring clothes for all weather. As well, bring preparations for outdoor practices and ceremony in any weather. For instance, you may want to include a ground mat, natural bug repellent, sun hat, and poison ivy soap etc. in your packing list. Please bring unscented natural items. If you have natural-pliable sole shoes or moccasins, please bring these. If you do not, a pair of cotton socks to wear that you don’t mind getting dirty will do fine for Earth-walking practices. (Please note that practices we enact are very simple and adaptable to all levels of mobility.) Please also bring a wrist-watch or some other small time instrument.
• Come to sessions with a water bottle and a pen and note pad or journal (also available for purchase at Omega and we have extra notepaper and pens in the classroom).
• Please also bring these items:
Copy of a photo of self fully clothed with no one else in the picture. Preferably full-body and a xerox copy is fine.
Photo of ancestor or several deceased relatives; see who feels right to include. If you have none to bring, do not worry.
• You may benefit by reading any of these books before you arrive but they are not required:
A Story Waiting to Pierce You by Peter Kingsley
Earthing by Clint Ober et al
Spiritual Wisdom of the Altai Mountains by Nikolai Shodoev
The Good Remembering by Llyn Roberts
Before arriving, take time to reflect on your intentions for this experience. These may simply be a heartfelt ‘knowing’ or an intent that you can articulate. Feel the opportunity and power of our coming together and the field of consciousness you connect with from the moment of your commitment to join us. Open your heart; welcome all of who you are to our time together. We will have a lot of fun as we also explore and empower during these times of rapid change! We are excited to see you in July!
All good wishes,