We are no longer taking online registrations for this workshop.
There is nothing like that “ah ha” moment when you understand how your emotions and behavior impact your life as a person or business professional. Open to anyone, mediation is a Renaissance field that teaches you how to handle your feelings and actions. Come discover the fascinating world of conflict resolution as you are guided by a certified mediator to develop core mediation skills.
This dynamic 40-hour mediation training combines a 3-day intensive with self-study distance learning. The course employs classroom mentoring and the power of the Touchstone Skills of questioning, reflecting, and reframing to pack the best practices of many disciplines into one engaging, proven program.
Using the empirically based research inAccord® Conflict Analysis model, cocreated by Shauna Ries, we employ directive, facilitative, and relational methods to create a deeply rewarding learning experience. Role-play, mentoring, and other active learning strategies bring to life theory, case studies, and the intriguing world of human interaction to help us dig deep and develop the foundation and actionable ability to facilitate, mediate, negotiate, and restore peace in almost any situation. Most importantly, we learn about ourselves as we analyze how we engage with conflict.
Upon completion of this course, the student will be better able to:
- Examine the inAccord Conflict Analysis® model and research methodology
- Explore conflict theory and examine personal approaches to conflict
- Analyze the spectrum of ADR and the concept of justice
- Demonstrate the use of the inAccord survey instruments
- Articulate the four stages and three phases of the inAccord model
- Distinguish between relational and directive approaches in the inAccord model
- Assess the evaluation underlying the use of the survey instruments
- Examine and apply the Touchstone Skills of communication
- Articulate the skills of opening statement, negotiation, and crafting a memorandum of understanding
- Demonstrate collaborative, analytical and communication skills
Professionals and nonprofessionals alike return to their home or practice with a newfound ability to develop a complete mediation skill set, including the art of negotiation, timing, use of caucuses, and other techniques to deal with impasses.
Pre-course work is required prior to the start of the workshop; you will be contacted by Mediators without Borders®. Mediators without Borders® is not affiliated with Doctors Without Borders®.