This workshop is eligible for Tiered Pricing. See More Information below for details.
When navigating life with a cancer diagnosis, how do you make the most conscious healing choices? The medical and statistical sides of cancer are often discussed, but on your personal journey, attending to the human aspects of your body, emotions, thoughts, spirit, and relationships are equally essential. For healing to be as complete as possible, all dimensions of your humanity need to be cared for and honored.
Now in its third year, Living Well With Cancer offers you and your family the opportunity to envision a nurturing and healing approach for the whole person. This weekend, seven remarkable individuals help inspire, educate, and empower you on your cancer journey as you learn how to take care of your body while honoring and embracing all aspects of your humanity. You:
- Discuss how to combine the best practices of conventional medicine with complementary or alternative therapies
- Affirm your intuition regarding your choices for recovery and healing
- Create a deeper sense of connection to yourself, your loved ones, and the community
- Experience writing processes that help unlock emotions and unburden the soul
- Have the opportunity to participate in yoga, meditation, and mindful walking exercises
- Experience the healing power of laughter
- Leave with an informative road map and a deeper understanding of your own healing journey
Healthcare providers gain a broader perspective on cancer patients’ experiences and needs, as well as information that will be useful in working with cancer patients.
Jeremy Geffen, MD, FACP
Robert “Skip” Backus
Sandra Gilbert, RYT 500
Carolyn Scott Kortge
Sharon A. Bray, EdD
Teachers are subject to change.