We are no longer taking online registrations for this workshop.
For more than three decades, with continuous adaptation and updates to meet the needs of changing times, the Opening the Heart Workshop™ has helped thousands of people heal from emotional wounds, build healthier relationships, move through difficult life passages, and find new directions.
The Opening the Heart Workshop provides a safe and supportive environment for accessing feelings, working through blocked emotions, disentangling from the past, reconnecting with core truths, and learning to live more fully from the heart. Movement, song, and music play major roles in creating a uniquely effective vehicle of personal transformation and emotional well-being.
With a staff-participant ratio that ensures everyone receives personal attention, we work in various-sized groups and draw on a variety of psychotherapeutic approaches, including Gestalt, bioenergetics, Focusing, and psychodrama. Positive psychology, empathic connection, neuroscience, mindfulness, and ancient healing wisdom form the core of this unique approach.
This workshop is appropriate for anyone, including mental health professionals who wish to learn techniques to use with their clients.
Upon completing the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Recognize behavioral patterns contributing to stress symptomatology
- Identify behavioral signs of emotional and spiritual distress
- Implement specific therapeutic strategies for reducing behavioral symptoms of stress
- Understand the inherent relationship and balance between physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being
- Describe key elements contributing to the maintenance of emotional and spiritual health
- Define and implement strategies to create safety and trust in a group therapeutic environment
- Recognize appropriate therapeutic interventions in a group setting