One-Day Training in Buddhist Psychology: The Essence—for Meditators & Psychologists
Jack Kornfield, PhD
Saturday, November 8, 2014
1 Day Only at the New York Society for Ethical Culture New York, NY*
CEs/CMEs are available
This workshop is sold out. Please call Omega Registration to be placed on a waiting list 877.944.2002
“The Buddha said many times that just as the great oceans have but one taste, so do all the true teachings of the dharma: the taste of freedom.”—Jack Kornfield
Learn from the transformative teachings and practices at the heart of Buddhist Psychology. Discover your inner capacity for wakefulness, joy, dignity, and compassion—your Buddha-nature.
Join us for this day of mindful meditations and teachings on love, consciousness, healing, and the nature of mind.
In this training, we study the fundamental principles of Buddhist psychology, combining practical examples, teaching stories, visionary wisdom, and case studies. We explore applications of these revolutionary perspectives in our healing work, our meditation, and our life.
These teachings are appropriate for individuals as well as health-care professionals.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be better able to:
- Practice and apply five different forms of mindfulness training including the Four Foundations of Mindfulness of body, feelings, thoughts and relationship
- Analyze and integrate Buddhist psychology's core principles of mental health, well-being and shift of identity into traditional western clinical approaches
- Select and use three Buddhist psychological practices for transforming difficult emotions
- Utilize and incorporate compassion and forgiveness training in their professional work and personal life
- Employ the skillful means of directed intention to facilitate short and long term development
This workshop begins Saturday morning at 9:15 a.m. and ends Saturday afternoon at 5:00 p.m. Continuing Education and Continuing Medical Education (CE/CME) will be available for this event.
Jack Kornfield, PhD, trained as a Buddhist monk in Thailand, India, and Burma. One of the key teachers to introduce Buddhist mindfulness practice to the West, he is author of many books, which have sold more than 1 million copies. They include The Wise Heart, A Path With Heart, and After the Ecstasy, the Laundry. jackkornfield.com
Continuing Education (CE) Credits for this One-Day Training:
5.5 CE credits available for NBCC, NAADAC, BRN/ANCC, SW/MFT($45) and ACCME, APA($65)
*The views, content, and opinions expressed during this event are solely those of the presenter and are not endorsed by the New York Society for Ethical Culture and its membership.