Description, Price & Continuing Education
From Science to Samadhi
Continuing Education Credits are available
Learning to breathe consciously and optimally is becoming our most powerful medicine for kinesthetic, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual well-being.
Omega’s second annual Breath Immersion explores leading-edge research; technologies of breath-based practices; the significance of our first breath as the foundation for life-long health and personal life patterns; and how we can integrate and advance the power of breath into our modern world. This highly experiential, educational, and collaborative event offers an opportunity for those new and experienced in breath practice to deepen their theoretical understanding and directly experience the potency of the full spectrum of breath practices for personal and societal transformation.
Led by a panel of international experts, from pioneers of the movement to rising stars, this program creates a unique collaboration of consciousness teachers, scientists, educators, physicians, health-care providers, psychologists, prenatal and perinatal practitioners, and social activists. We explore:
- Simple breathing techniques that encourage relaxation, stress-reduction, and vitality
- Progressively enhanced breathing techniques that promote cortisone regulation, stimulate immune functioning and hormonal regulation, and support neural regulation and integration
- Intensive breathing techniques, like Integrative Breathwork, that invite nonordinary states of awareness to help us penetrate the deepest parts of ourselves and access our greatest gifts
Immersed in these practices, we acquire skills and knowledge to utilize the right technique, for the right purpose, at the right time. We come to understand that within each breath dwells the possibility for healing, personal growth, spiritual development, enhanced creativity, increased intelligence and wisdom, improved relational harmony, an attuned access to intuition, and heightened mystical realization, to help us more fully participate in building a healthier world together.
Everyone is invited, from curious beginners to health professionals interested in incorporating breathwork into their practices.
At the conclusion of this conference, participants will be better able to:
- Recognize a range of therapeutic breath techniques and the scientific evidence base that supports their use
- Identify neurophysiological mechanisms that underlie the therapeutic effects of specific breath practices
- Discuss how Heart Rate Variability and sympatho-vagal balance contribute to overall well-being, stress-resilience, and reduction of symptoms in anxiety disorders, depression, PTSD, and stress-related medical conditions
- Describe benefits, risks, and contraindications for specific breath practices
- Identify patients who could benefit from specific breath practices and make appropriate referrals
- Safely administer therapeutic breath practices to improve outcomes in clinical practice
- identify breath practices that have been proven to be effective for rapid stress relief during and after mass disasters
- Use breath and meditation practices for stress reduction, improved attention, relief of physical pain and psychological distress
- Select breath and movement practices for self-care and to counteract professional burnout, caregiver stress, or caregiver vicarious trauma
- Employ breath practices that enhance physical, emotional and cognitive well-being for healthy populations as well as those with health issues
Continuing Education Credits for Breath Immersion
NBCC - Certified Counselors: 31.5 hours + $35
SW/MFT - Social Workers and Counselors: 31.5 hours + $35