The following are prerequisites for the Jivamukti Yoga Teacher Training. Before you arrive at Omega, you need to:
- Have an established daily asana practice (preferably for at least two years)
- Sign and submit the Jivamukti Yoga® Teachers Code of Professional Standards (Ethical Guidelines) Form, the Jivamukti Yoga® Teacher Certification Agreement, the Medical Information Form, and the Personal History Form
- Submit full payment
- Complete the required reading and submit four spiritual commentaries
- Have practiced the Chakra Balancing Yoga DVD by Sharon Gannon
- Memorize the Jivamukti Yoga classes: Balancing (volume 6) and Back Bending (volume 7). You are advised to transcribe these classes and bring your typed or handwritten transcriptions with you to Omega.
- Read Yoga Assists by Sharon Gannon and David Life, and bring the book with you to the training.
Experience with teaching yoga and/or experience with the Jivamukti Yoga method is preferred.
Please be aware that this teacher training is an intensive, designed to prepare you to teach the Jivamukti Yoga style; it is not a yoga “retreat.”