Faculty has asked us to forward the following note on to you also:
I, and my assisting facilitator, Stacey Gibbons (and other assistants) are excited to share a powerful Shamanic Reiki week with you at Omega.
In order to arrive prepared, we ask that you consider the following:
- Bring to class with you the book, Shamanic Reiki. The book is available for purchase at the Omega bookstore, if you do not come with one in hand. (My latest book, Shapeshifting into Higher Consciousness, will also be at the bookstore when you arrive on campus.)
- Feel free to bring along any small sacred items (small stones, bells, feathers, etc.) for the altar and/or for healing purposes - as well as a drum and/or rattle if you like. We will also have extra drums and rattles available to use and collect sacred items (huacas) on the land at Omega, so no worries.
- We suggest you wear comfortable, natural fiber clothing to sessions and bring clothes/preparations for outdoor practices/ceremony in any weather. For instance, you may want to include a ground mat, natural bug repellent, sun hat, etc. in your packing list.
- Come to sessions with a water bottle and a note pad or journal (also available for purchase at Omega and we have extra notepaper and pens in the classroom).
- Optional items to consider: Spirit or Animal Card deck.
- For the Absentee Shamanic Reiki practice portion of the program, please consider working with someone you know, or are already offering healing with to who will benefit.
Your client, family member or friend must desire an absentee healing from you and be willing to do the following after you arrive home: have an in-person or phone conversation with you, offer a simple exchange (non-monetary is fine), enact a simple ceremony after the work is complete.
Collect from this person and bring with you to our program a few strands of hair, a short sample of handwriting, a small piece of flammable clothing with their energy on it such as a sock.
If you have difficulty finding a person to work with, we may be able to provide someone and you also have the option of conducting the healing for yourself.
Other than the above, consider taking time to meditate on your intentions for this program. Feel the opportunity and power of our coming together; the field of consciousness that connects us. Open your heart and welcome all of who you are to join our week together. We will have a lot of fun as we also explore and empower our unique roles as healers during these times of rapid change.