A note from the faculty:
Michael and I are so happy that you will be joining us at Omega Institute for “The Mandala: Drawing Sacred Symbols for Awakening and Healing” class. We have listed below what to bring to class and will also speak with the Omega Bookstore to have some supplies on hand. If you will rather have us create a supply package for you let us know. *See Below.
I know you will enjoy this non-competitive, awakening and joyous class.
Blessings and light are being sent your way, until we meet in June…
What to bring to class:
1. Please bring an image or icon – a symbol that represents your spiritual tradition to place on group altar. It can be a picture of a deity, a feather or crystal or whatever you perceive as Divine.
2. A good hand held pencil sharpener (sorry – no electric sharpeners during class)
3. Prismacolor brand thick lead pencils only in the following colors:
PC 938 Thick Lead Art Pencil White (Please order 2 or more whites as they are used the most!)
PC 916 Thick Lead Art Pencil Canary Yellow
PC 918 Thick Lead Art Pencil Orange
PC 930 Thick Lead Art Pencil Magenta
PC 932 Thick Lead Art Pencil Violet
PC 903 Thick Lead Art Pencil True Blue
PC 913 Thick Lead Art Pencil Spring Green
It is not necessary but if you choose to add additional pencils to your palette, I recommend only Prismacolor brand pencils in the following colors:
PC 909 Thick Lead Art Pencil Grass Green
PC 902 Thick Lead Art Pencil Ultramarine Blue
PC 923 Thick Lead Art Pencil Scarlet Lake
PC 905 Thick Lead Art Pencil Aquamarine
PC 917 Thick Lead Art Pencil Sunburst Yellow
PC 934 Thick Lead Art Pencil Lavender
PC 926 Thick Lead Art Pencil Carmine Red
PC 993 Thick Lead Art Pencil Hot Pink
PC 1009 Thick Lead Art Pencil Dahlia Purple
PC 950 Thick Lead Art Pencil Metallic Gold
PC 935 Thick Lead Art Pencil Black
Here are two suppliers that I use but I have asked Omega Bookstore to have some on hand for sale and I will also bring extras to sell.
Phone: 800.970.7367 (PENS)
5. You will need a good quality black paper. We prefer Strathmore Series 500 Charcoal Paper in BLACK These papers presently only come 19” x25” sheets (which we can cut into smaller rectangles in class.) You can find them in the Dick Blick catalogue # 10703-2001. I can provide these for you and will have them available at the classroom at $1.50 per sheet. Please note that this paper has a slight texture.
If you prefer a smooth paper, we recommend: ARTAGAIN PAPER Pad BLACK 12” x 18”
Returning students, if you still have papers left in your Strathmore Series 500 pads, do bring those.
6. A journal (they have beautiful ones at the Omega Bookstore so you might want to get one there)
7. A tube or folder to bring your art home.
8. As part of the class, we will be creating ritual by making a communal sand mandala. If and only if it is convenient, and you have the time and energy, bring along a small amount of sand or soil (about a tablespoon or more) from your area to be included in the group sand mandala.
9. I will be bringing compasses but if you have one that you like, bring your own.
* Please note that I will be happy to bring the basic supplies to anyone for a fee of $25.00. This will include 8 pencils, a 12 x 18” Black Paper pad, a Prismacolor pencil sharpener, and a compass, eraser and carrying envelope. I plan on having all supplies needed on hand. If you think you will purchase a supply kit from me, I would appreciate knowing this at least 3 weeks before the class (June 9th). You can contact me at Illuminatedrose@aol.com
Comfortable and casual clothing are all you need at Omega and perhaps a rain parker, just in case. Shoes are removed before entering the seminar rooms so you may want to bring shoes that slip on and off easily or sock slippers to wear in the class if it is cool . The grounds are beautiful with flowers and many sacred spaces so you may want to bring a camera and with the lovely lake, a bathing suit.