(If you have painted before, and have comparable materials, bring what you have. I will have Academy Paints ($5/tube), Arches paper ($7.50/sheet), folding palettes and other supplies for sale at the workshop.
- 4 tubes good quality watercolors:
- Permanent Rose, Red Rose Deep or Thalo Red
- Any Light Yellow (except Naples Yellow)
- Ultramarine Blue and Thalo Blue (or Winsor Blue Green Shade)
Note: Grumbacher Academy and Van Gogh are good quality student grade watercolors that are widely available. Cotman are not recommended. All “professional” and “artist”grade paints are very good. They can all be used together.
- 140# Cold-Pressed 100% rag watercolor paper. Arches Recommended
- 1 full sheet (22” x 30”) cut or torn into quarters or Arches 9 x 12” pad
Note: if you have painted before and have good watercolor paper that is painted on one side—but don’t want to keep what’s on it, this is a good time to use the other side. Also, cheaper (watercolor) paper can be used for the color mixing exercises.
- Watercolor Brush (Need not be expensive, synthetic is fine)
Size 10 or 12 Round
- A white plate with a plastic bag to fit is fine (If you want to buy a palette get a folding watercolor palette or a covered watercolor palette with a large mixing area. I use a folding palette (for traveling) and the “John Pike- Regular” palette in the studio.
- Water containers (2) (plastic quart tubs, etc)
- Eraser: White Plastic and/or “Kneaded”
- Small Spray Bottle/mister
- Sketchbook or notebook
- Old tooth brush
- Hair dryer (optional)
- 2B pencil
- Support board max size 12” x 16” (corrugated, masonite, plexi, plywood, foamcore covered w/ clear contact paper etc)
- Small Salt Shaker
- You may want to bring your own paper towel
- Paper Towel, Tissues & Masking Tape are provided.
Available at www.annlindsay.org/book $40 + $5 priority shipping
Kits can be rented for $30 or purchased in advance for $70 and include 2 full sheets of Arches 100% rag cold-press watercolor paper, 4 synthetic watercolor brushes: (3/4” flat, #6 & #14 rounds 1 script liner), 1 folding watercolor palette, a sponge, pencil, eraser and support board. Rented kits include enough paint for the workshop. Purchased kits include (4) 5ml tubes of Grumbacher Academy watercolors,
You will need to bring 2 water containers, an old toothbrush, a small salt shaker and a sketchbook or notebook.
To rent or purchase a kit or if you have any questions call or e-mail Ann: 518-658-2960 email@example.com