The Executive Assistant provides highest-level executive support for the day-to-day needs and overall work of the President and the Chief Development Officer (CDO). Responsibilities encompass administrative tasks as well as independent projects related to the organization’s executive affairs and external affairs work, including fundraising, Board and Stewardship Council relations, strategic planning, public relations, strategic communications, and community engagement. The Executive Assistant performs a wide variety of complex and broad ranging administrative and executive support tasks requiring initiative, independent judgment and strong relationship and writing skills, including communicating directly with a range of internal and external stakeholders on behalf of the President and the CDO, scheduling internal and external meetings, organizing events, and proactively helping the President and the CDO to navigate complex priorities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Omega complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable New York State or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, Omega will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of experience in complex office setting providing support services at the executive level
- Highly motivated; a great deal of personal initiative and drive
- Ability to self-organize, maintain focus, and follow through independently
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- High level of integrity; projects credibility
- Enjoys active participation in community organizations
- Ability to handle the demands of various personality types
- Team player
- Understanding of the content of Omega’s workshops
- Awareness of trends and development in the holistic education field
- Alignment with Omega’s mission, goals, and core values
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Anticipate the President’s and CDO’s needs and be proactive in addressing them; tasks include, but are not limited to, maintaining calendars and email information, coordinating travel arrangements, coordinating on- and off-site meetings and events, preparing presentations and ensuring proper preparation for all meetings, key reports and updates, and providing support on other projects, as necessary
- Provide general administrative support to President and CDO and occasional support for the Development team and the OWLC team that includes, but is not limited to, scheduling meetings, processing donation requests, maintaining guest lists, preparing mailings, copying, faxing, taking phone messages, conducting correspondence, and filing
- Provide program and administrative, marketing, and hosting support to Omega’s Community Engagement initiative which may include providing unifying support across several programs and coordinating outreach, program administration, and program development.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information
- Complete various projects, including program and marketing research, formatting information for board meetings and other external and internal meetings, creating and distributing meeting minutes, and preparing drafts and final documents on behalf of the President and the CDO
- Database management: perform data input for President and CDO contacts and External Affairs organization contacts, including for the Community Engagement initiative
- Work with Raiser’s Edge software to keep record of donor and organization relationships
- Light accounting responsibilities: process reimbursements and keep budget records for President and CDO travel and meetings
- Other job responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisors
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position functions in Omega’s administrative offices on the Omega campus.
- Physical demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand, as necessary. Office workers aren't expected to perform heavy lifting regularly, but they may be expected to lift a box of paper or similar item, which weighs approximately 20 pounds.
- This is a full-time position.
- The typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. This schedule may vary when special needs and projects arise.
After carefully reviewing the requirements below, qualified individuals are invited to apply. A resume and well-crafted cover letter should be attached that serves as an introduction and includes following:
- Why are you applying for this role?
- What can you offer Omega?
- What do you imagine this role will offer you professionally and personally?
- How do you know Omega’s work? Have you experienced us on campus or in some other way?
- In what way has your professional life reflected Omega's mission statement?
- In what way has Omega’s core values resonated within your work life and personal life?
- Which core value do you resonate with most fully and why?
- What are your salary requirements? (Feel free to state a range.)
- How did you find out about this position?
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in completing this application to the extent required by applicable law. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Omega, such as providing an application with larger font for applicants with impaired vision.
Please inform Omega’s People & Culture Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing the application process. No phone calls, please.
Omega Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
We seek diversity within our staff that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.