The Marketing Projects Manager works with all of the organization’s departments and external resources to see that marketing projects stay on deadline and on budget. This person is responsible for: ensuring tasks are assigned and scheduled out; resources are negotiated and allocated correctly; communicating and following up with all participants to ensure projects are on track and within budget; and resolving schedule, production and delivery issues.
In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining key data/campaign performance dashboards.
This position reports to the Director of Digital Marketing and supports the work of the Chief Marketing Officer and the teams led by the Editorial Director and Creative Director. Additionally, this manager will work with Omega’s Programming Department as well as the Women’s Leadership Center and the Center for Sustainable Living teams to ensure marketing needs are met.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Omega complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable New York State or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, Omega will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
- An experienced project manager who is extremely organized, maintains a strong sense of ownership and accountability, and executes numerous projects simultaneously, keeping pace in a quickly moving environment.
- Strong interpersonal and persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Expertise in handling different kinds of marketing over multiple platforms.
- Team player, willing to jump in and out of multiple assignments as needed.
- Ability to work both independently and as a collaborative team member and leader.
- Solutions-oriented; ability to solve problems, overcome obstacles and create efficiencies.
- Possesses drive and motivation for achievement with the ability to learn and apply new concepts and tools quickly.
- Proficient in computer and digital skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Drive, Slack and project management tools.
- Knowledge of marketing analytics, including SEO, SEM, social media, and business analytics.
- Awareness of trends and development in fields of interest to Omega.
- Understanding of the content of Omega’s programs and key initiatives.
- In alignment with Omega’s mission, goals, and core values.
- Excel in motivating and leading people, both internally with colleagues and externally with contractors/vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or a similar field
- 2-4 years marketing experience
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employ strong project management skills; ensure deadlines are met for multiple simultaneous projects while maintaining accuracy and efficiency in deliverables. Use project management systems effectively to maintain timelines and production goals.
- Oversee the up-for-sale process/timelines/content deliverables for all workshops, livestreams, and special events on eOmega.org
- Work with Editorial and Media Design to manage the timely production of all print materials including brochures.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Digital Marketing and the Information Technology departments to maintain and update data/campaign performance reporting dashboards.
- Prepare and disseminate monthly, weekly, and ad hoc reports as necessary including key business metrics reports, performance reports, and dashboards with consistency and accuracy.
- Assist with marketing research projects to generate customer insights in support of improved marketing strategy and communications.
- Respond to marketing and advertising inquiries.
- Work with the director of digital marketing, Editorial, programmers, the centers, and key initiatives teams to determine marketing campaign strategies and tactics required for key workshops and events to ensure enrollment projections. Help write up project plans.
- When necessary, manage all aspects of the marketing booth, including working with Marketing and Media Design teams on display, collateral, staffing, shipment, onsite setup, and post-event follow-up.
- Maintain in-house library/archive of all marketing materials, both digitally and hard copies of print projects. Track spending and process invoices.
Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Digital Marketing or Chief Marketing Officer.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- This position primarily functions in Omega’s administrative offices on the Omega campus, though some travel may be required.
- Physical demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing and packing of materials are required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand, as necessary. Office workers aren't expected to perform heavy lifting regularly, but they may be expected to lift a box of paper, which weighs approximately 20 pounds. When setting up a booth, this role requires the ability to lift boxes and other equipment and to stand for long periods. When in the office, this role is sedentary; however, some filing is required.
- This is a full-time position.
- The days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. These times may fluctuate when special needs arise.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
After carefully reviewing the requirements below, qualified individuals are invited to apply. A resume and well-crafted cover letter should be attached that serves as an introduction and includes the following:
- Why are you applying for this role?
- What can you offer Omega?
- What do you imagine this role will offer you professionally and personally?
- How do you know Omega’s work? Have you experienced us on campus or in some& other way?
- In what way has your professional life reflected Omega's mission statement?
- In what way has Omega’s core values resonated within your work life and personal life?
- Which core value do you resonate with most fully and why?
- What are your salary requirements? (Feel free to state a range.)
- How did you find out about this position?
Omega Institute for Holistic Studies, Inc. (“Omega”) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, New York State, and local laws. Omega strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, or domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. All Omega employees, other workers, and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in completing this application to the extent required by applicable law. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Omega, such as providing an application with larger font for applicants with impaired vision. Please inform Omega’s People & Culture Department if you need assistance completing any forms or participating in the application process at email@example.com.