If you enjoy communicating with others, coordinating interesting projects, tracking results, and engaging with individuals who care about the global community and environment, we’d like to meet you!
For 40+ years, Omega has supported individuals, families, and communities to learn, heal, and connect with one another to help make our world a better place. Engaging now as a global community, Omega is seeking a Membership Associate who shares our vision of a world where all people can awaken their full potential while caring for each other and the earth.
We are committed to strengthening a culture of philanthropy throughout our campus-based and online learning experiences. The Membership Team supports the invitation, engagement, and retention of generous donors and participants who support our mission. The Membership Associate’s work will cross all of our programming, digital, and operating departments and is idea for someone who enjoys communicating in person and online while tracking the results of each outreach program.
The person who will be a good fit for this role brings:
- Interest in engaging people and building community
- Excellent verbal communication skills; able to clearly present ideas and information; and proven digital media writing skills
- Experience in project management that includes coordinating organizational stakeholders, careful attention to detail, and the ability to think quickly and prioritize appropriately
- Demonstrated interest in use of social media to engage and inspire and experience managing social media posts and/or ads for an organization
- Aptitude for requesting, synthesizing, and interpreting data and presenting the data in excel and power point
- Ability to manage multiple projects, deliverables, and deadlines; strong time management skills
- Alignment with Omega’s mission, goals, and core values
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite, particularly Word and Excel and familiarity with at least one email management software program
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in fundraising or membership engagement and/or development is a plus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- In collaboration with the Development and Membership teams, define and implement a comprehensive strategy designed to increase donor acquisition and member engagement.
- Oversee, execute, and improve, as needed, regular print and electronic communications, such as email, related to a donor member’s status, renewal, etc.
- Drive the ongoing assessment and enhancement of recruitment and retention plans, including the assessment of member engagement and satisfaction as it impacts retention.
- Oversee the logistics of delivering membership benefits on campus and online by working across the organization with relevant departments. Examples include: ensuring that profit center discounts are accessible and that special on-campus events for members are coordinated and executed smoothly.
- Provide customer service and outreach to members, including thank you calls, renewals calls, and helping to solve problems for members who on campus or online.
- Support the solicitation and donor cultivation work of the CDO and President as needed.
- This position functions in Omega’s administrative offices on the Omega campus.
- Physical demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand, as necessary. Office workers aren't expected to perform heavy lifting regularly, but they may be expected to lift a box of paper or similar item, which weighs approximately 20 pounds. There will also be the regular expectation of visiting various locations across campus, requiring some degree of walking.
- This is a full-time position.
- The typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Schedule is likely to be amended for supporting select activities, including evening or weekend hours, particularly during the Omega season (currently May – October).
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.
After carefully reviewing the requirements below, qualified individuals are invited to apply. A resume and well-crafted cover letter should be attached that serves as an introduction and includes the following:
- Why are you applying for this role?
- What can you offer Omega?
- What do you imagine this role will offer you professionally and personally?
- How do you know Omega’s work? Have you experienced us on campus or in some& other way?
- In what way has your professional life reflected Omega's mission statement?
- In what way has Omega’s core values resonated within your work life and personal life?
- Which core value do you resonate with most fully and why?
- What are your salary requirements? (Feel free to state a range.)
- How did you find out about this position?
Omega Institute for Holistic Studies, Inc. (“Omega”) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, New York State, and local laws. Omega strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, sex, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, marital status, or domestic violence victim status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. All Omega employees, other workers, and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in completing this application to the extent required by applicable law. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Omega, such as providing an application with larger font for applicants with impaired vision. Please inform Omega’s People & Culture Department if you need assistance completing any forms or participating in the application process at firstname.lastname@example.org.