Reports to: Information Technology Manager
The Network Administrator supports, designs, maintains and monitors internal and external networks. Implements and manages all systems, applications, security and network configurations. Resolves network performance issues and establishes a disaster recovery plan. Recommends upgrades, patches and new applications and equipment. Provides technical support and guidance to users. Relies on knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals. Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected.
This role also involves the application of systems analyst techniques and procedures, including consulting with users to determine hardware, software, or systems functional specifications; the design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing, or modification of computer systems or programs; and the design, documentation, testing, creation, or modification of computer programs related to machine operating systems.
Core Staff benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance, 403B plan, holidays, vacation, sick, and personal days. In addition, core staff enjoy use of campus property (lake/beach, sauna, tennis & basketball courts, the hiking trails and the sanctuary), can attend all optional classes that are offered to program participants as well as select over 1,500 specially designed classes that are offered only to the staff community. Core staff receive a complimentary catalog workshop as well as discounts on other catalog workshops, discounts in the Café, Omega Store, and Wellness Center. When campus is open, we are happy to extend complimentary lunch in the dining hall to staff when they are at work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Omega complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable New York State or local laws. Consistent with those requirements, Omega will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to satisfactorily perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science / computer information systems AND four plus years of experience in network / systems administration.
- Knowledge and experience with administering Firewalls (3+ years experience)
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP v4 and v6 and its proper configuration. (5+ years experience)
- Four plus years of experience troubleshooting PC problems
- Four plus years of experience with desktop software applications
- Team player
- Strong customer service skills
- Understanding the content of Omega’s workshops
- Awareness of trends and development in the holistic education field
- Alignment with Omega’s mission, goals, and core values
Preferred Education and/or Experience:
- Experience with Sonicwall NSA and PfSense Firewalls
- Knowledge of the OSI Model
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage, update, monitor, and repair all network hub routers and switches, along with cabling, including buried and aerial fiber cable and phone cable
- First-tier user support, including training for Windows, Mac OS/X, Microsoft Office, email, and phone
- Manage, update, monitor, and repair all Mac & Microsoft-based computers, servers, and file access computers
- Manage, update, monitor, and repair all individual and networked printers
- Manage, update, monitor, and repair all desktop phones/extensions
- Manage, update, monitor, and repair all payphones, phone lines, T-1 lines, fax and copy machines
- Install and update Omega approved desktop and server software and operating systems
- Install, update, and change eomega.org email accounts
- Other job responsibilities as deemed necessary by supervisor
This position might have supervisory duties during the season.
- This position functions in Omega’s administrative offices on the Omega campus.
- Physical demands: This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand, as necessary. Office workers aren't expected to perform heavy lifting regularly, but they may be expected to lift a box of paper or similar item, which weighs approximately 20 pounds.
- This is a full-time position.
- The typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. This schedule may vary when special needs and projects arise.
After carefully reviewing the requirements above, qualified individuals are invited to apply by sending a resume and well-crafted cover letter that serves as an introduction that outlines your qualifications for this role, and includes answers to the following questions:
- Why are you applying for this role?
- What can you offer Omega?
- What do you imagine this role will offer you professionally and personally?
- How do you know Omega’s work? Have you experienced us on campus or in some other way?
- In what way has your professional life reflected Omega's mission statement?
- In what way has Omega’s core values resonated within your work life and personal life?
- Which core value do you resonate with most fully and why?
- What are your salary requirements? (Feel free to state a range.)
- How did you find out about this position?
Applications should be sent to: email@example.com. In order to expedite the internal sorting and reviewing process, please type Network Administrator followed by your name (Last, First), as the only contents in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls, please.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in completing this application to the extent required by applicable law. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Omega, such as providing an application with larger font for applicants with impaired vision.
Please inform Omega’s People & Culture Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing the application process.
Omega Institute is an equal opportunity employer.
We seek diversity within our staff that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.