In addition to your time spent in workshops at Blue Spirit, there are a number of ways to make your stay in Costa Rica even more unforgettable.
Take a yoga or qigong class, swim in the infinity pool, or walk on the beach. For an additional fee, you can relax with a massage or explore the area through a number of excursions and activities, including surfing, canopy and zipline tours, and horseback riding on the beach.
Relax & Enjoy All That Blue Spirit Has to Offer
- Enjoy the beautiful three-mile-long sandy beach or some quiet time
- Take a yoga or qigong class
- De-stress with a massage
- Float in the natural salt water infinity pool
- Meet new friends and enjoy a glass of organic wine or beer, cappuccino, natural fruit juice, or other treat in the Café
- Stop by the Blue Spirit Store for books, souvenirs, and supplies
- Experience the wellness and longevity services of Blue Spirit spa
- Enjoy evening fun at Blue Spirit with activities like a bonfire or salsa dancing
Perched on a peninsula overlooking the Pacific Ocean and Playa Ostional, Blue Spirit is located at the quiet end of Guiones Beach, where swimming is easy and currents are gentle. The 700 foot walk (220 meters) from Blue Spirit to the three-mile long beach transverses lush grounds full of mango trees and coconut palms.
The adjacent beaches of Nosara (Playa Nosara, Playa Pelada, and Playa Guiones), offer the chance for longer walks and world-class surfing. The waves in Nosara are challenging but forgiving, making it a great place for beginning or intermediate surfers. Snorkeling, boat rides, fishing, and kayaking are also popular activities in Nosara, as is relaxing in the sun.
Blue Spirit can arrange an excursion for you if you are interested in exploring the area.
Saltwater Infinity Pool
Located near the Main Building, the environmentally friendly saltwater pool has a graceful infinity edge, as well as views of the mountains and jungles surrounding Blue Spirit. It has one-tenth the salinity of ocean water or one-third the salinity of human tears.
Saltwater pools are much easier on our eyes and noses than water found in traditional chlorine pools. The level of salt in the infinity pool water is low enough that it is virtually undetectable by taste, and many people report that the soft water in the Blue Spirit pool leaves their skin feeling soft and smooth.