As an author today, you have unprecedented control over how your book is published, but what good is that control without the knowledge of how to best implement it? Paul Cohen has published more than 400 books by authors such as Ram Dass and Deepak Chopra, and he shares the insider information you need to bring your book into the world.
Join Paul, founder of Monkfish Book Publishing and president of Epigraph Publishing Service, for this 2-hour Teachers Studio on everything from choosing the right publisher to marketing your book.
You learn how to:
- Decide what to write, with publishing in mind
- Find the right publisher, and the difference between a large house, small press, and self-publishing
- Manage the editorial process, from developmental editing to copyediting to proofreading
- Begin to design a book, including the cover, back and front, and printing economics
- Plan for print/distribution sales and marketing, including retail sales and marketing, bricks and mortar versus online, publicity and influence
If you have ever dreamed of publishing a book—whether it's still just an idea or you have a manuscript ready to go—you leave with a clear path to publishing.
Join live on Wednesday, February 23, 7:00-9:00 p.m. EST (4:00-6:00 p.m. PST). For registered participants, this class will be available on demand through April 24.