This class meets in real time on Mondays for seven weeks beginning March 4, 2024. In these live sessions with Lisa Weinert, you have the chance to ask questions and connect with the Narrative Healing community.
Our stories have a healing purpose and are meant to be shared. But, what if we don't have the tools to understand our narrative outside of what’s been told to us? What if we don't have access to our own story due to trauma?
Narrative Healing is a guided online class designed to surface the healing stories we hold in our bodies. Framed by Narrative Healing’s six-stage cycle of healing through storytelling, this unique course offers somatic practices, creative prompts, and yoga exercises that illuminate a path to self and a deep connection to the world around you.
You will learn how:
- Therapeutic writing programs can have tremendous effects on our physical health, including improved immune function, lower blood pressure, healing from trauma, reduced stress, anxiety, and depression, increased resilience, and more.
- Simple, mindful movement can help ground us, help us be present, and ultimately spark creativity.
- Best practices for setting up your mind, body, and space can support a consistent writing practice, which is the most effective way to set yourself on the path to healing.
- Storytelling can be community support. Your stories—especially the ones you have kept hidden—could be the exact medicine that someone else needs. The power of truly listening and tools to become a compassionate listener both to yourself and those around you.
- You can become a healing force in the world, by integrating your stories, sharing them, and listening to others in your everyday life.
Writers and non-writers alike are invited to join author and writing coach Lisa Weinert for weekly live discussions. In between meetings, you can work or at your own pace through self-paced content, including guided movement and mindfulness practices and creative writing prompts designed to revive your creative practice. You'll also have access to lively guest interviews with storytellers and authors Crystal McCreary, Carla Zanoni, Shelly Tygielski, Holly Wren Spaulding, and Jillian Pransky.
"This groundbreaking program shifts our perspective on healing and enables us to progress toward a path of complete well-being and show up as our best selves. At a time when our culture is deeply divided and suffering from complex trauma, Narrative Healing is a program for connection for everybody."
—Jamia Wilson, best-selling author of Young, Gifted and Black
"Lisa Weinert is a gifted word doula, helping us access healing through the power of storytelling. Narrative Healing is the book we need right now to foster connection and help heal our collective wounds."
—Shelly Tygielski, founder of Pandemic of Love, author of Sit Down to Rise Up