About This Course
Learn how every child can meet stress with inner strength during this online course with Jennifer Cohen Harper, founder of Little Flower Yoga.
Do you live or work with little ones whose childhood anxiety is overwhelming them? Do they shy away from challenges for fear of failure? Do you worry about your kids choosing harmful coping mechanisms as they struggle with the stress in their lives?
When children can’t cope, challenges become stressors, and anxiety replaces anticipation. Our kids can’t enjoy childhood to the fullest, their learning suffers, and their long-term resilience is compromised. Children often get the message that their anxiety is something to get rid of or push away—but our anxiety is there for a reason—it has a job to do.
Jennifer Cohen Harper is an educator, author, and mother known for her friendly, skillful approach to bringing mindfulness for children into schools nationwide. Join her today in this self-paced course and help the children in your life better understand their experience, reduce overwhelm, and harness their capacity for self-compassion and resilience.
Alongside other parents, caregivers, educators, and health care providers, you gain access to Jennifer’s depth of knowledge, including:
- More than 20 video presentations that offer a new framework for understanding childhood anxiety
- More than 30 movement, breathing, and mindfulness for children exercises to help them access their inner strength
- Readings, short films, and video resources to support learning
- Online forums to connect with other parents and caregivers about ways to help your child thrive, even when life is challenging
In each module, Jennifer also shares research and interviews with top mindfulness teachers and experts such as physician Gabor Maté, clinical professor of psychiatry at the UCLA School of Medicine Daniel J. Siegel, child psychologist Christopher Willard, mindfulness teacher Rhonda V. Magee, and senior fellow at the Greater Good Science Center Rick Hanson.
This workshop is appropriate for parents and caregivers, educators, health care providers, counselors, coaches, and others who find anxiety and stress impacting the children in their care. Content will be relevant for children up through the early teen years, and adults will find some practical applications for navigating their own stresses as well.
8 Course Modules
Participants can choose to move through the content in order, or jump around to the modules and resources most relevant to you.
- Welcome & Orientation: This workshop will help you explore a strength-based approach to help children and teens build resilience, manage anxiety, and thrive.
- Childhood Anxiety Today: Children and teens, just like adults, are impacted by the challenges of modern life in physical, emotional, and social ways.
- Anxiety & the Brain/Body Relationship: Let’s explore the relationship between the brain, nervous system, and the body and surprising research on what stress is telling us.
- Mindfulness, Movement & Resilience: How do you explain mindfulness to young ones? Learn some of the ways children can begin to cope with anxiety naturally.
- Managing Escalating Emotions: Meltdowns happen to the best of us. Get the tools and resources that kids (and adults) can utilize when emotions run wild.
- Building Agency & Personal Power: What message do kids receive about their own agency? Our beliefs about our capacity help us better respond to challenges and threats.
- Connection, Attunement & Play: When things get overwhelming, relationships can be an important source of strength. As we learn to foster connection and community, these exercises show that attuned connection or presence can be as simple as tossing a ball back and forth. It can be playful!
- Self-Compassion, Gratitude & Courage: When we encourage children to have a kind, compassionate, and grateful attitude toward their body, they begin to see their bodies are a resource, not a liability.
Each module should take around 1 hour to complete and will follow the same format:
- Watch: Interactive video lectures by Jennifer Cohen Harper with embedded self-reflection questions on the module topic.
- Practice: Guided video and audio practices and exercises that you can try at home or at work with the children in your care.
- Resources: Optional interviews with top professionals and mindfulness experts to help you develop a deeper understanding of childhood anxiety.
- Reflections and Forum: You will be asked to journal about questions related to the module topic and encouraged to share your answers in the forum.
Estimated Time for Completion
8-10 hours, but you will likely find yourself spending more time as you investigate some of the additional resources that are provided.
Meet the Teachers
Jennifer Cohen Harper is an educator, author, public speaker, and mother, who works to support ch ...
Tuition & Fees
Navigating Anxiety in Children
How can I register for a live stream or purchase an online product?
You can purchase any of Omega’s online learning products exclusively through eOmega.org using Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express. Registration is only available online (and not by phone).
You will find a registration box on the left side of the page of the program you would like to register for. Click "Register."
If you have an eOmega.org account you can log in to register. You must create an account to register.
Once you have completed the checkout process, you will receive a confirmation email containing a unique link to access your product. If you purchased a live stream, you will also receive a reminder email on the day of the event. Please note that registration for online programs can only be done online, not by phone.
How do I view my purchase?
You will be sent a confirmation email after you register for your product. It contains a link to view the live event or on demand page. Please keep this email in an easy to find spot and check immediately to make sure the link is working. If you lose or delete this email, click here to have another sent to you.
You can also find your videos on your account page. Under the "My Orders" tab, click the "Access Workshop" link.
What is your refund and/or cancellation policy?
All online learning sales for live video streaming, on demand, and online workshops are final. No credit or refund is available. Omega reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If Omega cancels a program, you will receive a full refund.
If I purchase a live stream or online workshop, can I share my link with a friend?
The email confirmation link that you will receive from Omega is non-transferable. It will only work for one dedicated IP address per household. If you have more than 1 computer or video-enabled device in your home, you will be able to watch the video stream simultaneously on each device, but you would not be able to share the link with a friend.
Are Omega’s online products compatible with tablets and mobile devices?
Omega’s video event page is responsive and will work on any of your Wi-Fi enabled devices, including your computer, laptop, tablet, and/or smart phone. There may be unique cases when a live stream is only available on desktop and laptop computers.
Is there a required bandwidth for streaming Omega's video learning sessions within the platform?
A 5 Mbps internet connection is recommended for the course streaming video elements. If you are using WiFi over an iPhone or Android and your connection is poorer, it may lower the quality of streaming.
Will an archive of a live event be available to watch at a later date?
Some live events will have archived videos available on demand for a specified number of days after the event, depending on the event. If a program is available on demand, an archive of the live event will typically be available immediately following the event.
How do I watch an archived version of a live event?
The archived version of a live event is accessible through the link in your confirmation email or the "Access Workshop" link on your profile page. Once you have accessed the on demand player page, you can watch any of the video segments by selecting them through the on demand dropdown menu. If you purchased limited access to a streaming event, you will only be able to watch those selected segments.
When should I log on to watch a live event?
You will receive a reminder email on the day of the live event. We encourage you to log on 5-10 minutes before the event begins. You will see a countdown clock before the event begins. When the live event becomes available, the screen will change. You may need to refresh your page or click play to begin viewing. You may also see a pre-streaming video before the actual live event begins.
What happens if I join a streaming event already in progress?
All of Omega’s streaming events have a live DVR rewind feature. If you join an event already in progress, you can simply rewind by clicking the status button on the status bar at the bottom of the video player and dragging it back to the beginning.
If you leave a live and/or on demand video event early or accidentally close your browser, you can easily access where you left off in the broadcast by clicking and dragging the status button to move forward to where you were when your browser session ended.
How do I use the chat during a live video event?
Omega uses Chatroll to facilitate our live chat during an event.
Once you have logged in, simply type in your thoughts or questions using the comment box on the player page and click the “Post as…” button in the bottom right-hand corner of the comment box to submit.
You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users, whether online or offline. Omega is not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but have no obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. Exercise common sense and your best judgment in your interactions with others when you submit or post any personal or other information.
Why am I only able view the video, but not hear the speaker?
When you log in to watch a live event, please make sure that the volume on your computer is turned up. Prior to the beginning of an event, you may only see a pre-streaming video feed and the sound will go live at the start of the event. If the sound drops out during a live event, please let Omega’s administrator know by utilizing the Tech Chat functionality located on the lower right side of the video page.
Why am I only able to hear the event? Why is the picture out of synch with the sound?
Please make sure that you are using the most recent browser version and have enough bandwidth. From time to time, you may experience a delay with picture and sound. If you experience any issues with the quality of the event experience, please let Omega’s administrator know by utilizing the Tech Chat on the lower right side of the video page.
How do I reach an administrator for other concerns?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional support. Your questions will be answered during business hours, Monday through Friday.
For any other questions, please see Omega’s Terms & Conditions.