Being Fearless Conference
Omega believes that the benefits of a holistic education should be available to everyone. The Omega Scholarship Program is one of the ways we demonstrate our commitment to building a holistic learning community, increasing our responsiveness to barriers that exist, and creating greater access to the educational opportunities offered by Omega.
Department: Omega Center for Sustainable Living (OCSL)
Brief Description: This scholarship is focused on enriching Omega’s learning community with diverse perspectives and broadening access to Omega educational opportunities for new or infrequent participants for whom financial barriers exist.
|Being Fearless||October 13, 2017–October 15, 2017|
Location: Rhinebeck, NY
Application Deadline: In order to be considered for a scholarship, submit your application by August 31, 2017.
Notification: You will be notified after your application has been reviewed.
Requirements: Priority is given to applicants who have not received a recent scholarship at Omega. Please do not register for a program before receiving confirmation of your scholarship. If you are offered a scholarship, we may request that you spread the word about the course; help with photography, blogging, and social media; and/or make other contributions in support of the program. We ask scholarship recipients to commit to completing 3 evaluations of the program and the impact of the experience: on the final day, 6 months and 1 year after the program.
- How do I submit my application?
FAQ can be found online at: eomega.org/scholarships/bf17
- How do I submit my application?
- When should I apply?
- We encourage you to apply as early as possible and allow four to six weeks for processing. Applications are assessed on a rolling basis until available funding is exhausted.
- When and how will I hear about the status of my application?
- You will be notified after your application has been reviewed.
We will contact you by email. If you do not have an email address, we will notify you by phone or mail
- What do scholarships cover?
A scholarship covers a portion of the total cost of participating in a program on campus. The exact amount of assistance is determined based on need, merit, and available funds.
- What type of housing covered?
Scholarships for this program are mostly for commuter passes. Camping, tent cabins, and some indoor housing may be available. Contact email@example.com with questions.
- Is transportation covered?
- The cost of transportation to/from Omega is NOT included in the scholarship; please make sure you are able to cover the cost of your travel expenses.
- Why do you request financial information?
- One of the ways we assess applications is to take financial need into account (using the guidelines below). Funds for scholarships are limited, and we unfortunately do not have the resources to provide a scholarship to every applicant. Please note that fitting into these financial guidelines does not automatically qualify you for a scholarship.
Household Size Household Income Level 1 $29,700 2 $40,050 3 $50,400 4 $60,750 5 $71,100
- How do you decide who receives a scholarship?
In addition to looking for applicants who would not be able to attend the program without a scholarship, we carefully consider responses to the scholarship essay questions during our application assessment process. Scholarships are primarily awarded to people with a strong desire to apply what they learn in the course of their work, lives and communities; bring a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and experience; and would not be able to afford to attend without a scholarship.
- If I am awarded a scholarship, how do I make sure I am registered for my program?
- You can make sure you are registered by confirming your decision to attend within two weeks of being notified of acceptance. If you are unable to confirm your participation, we may offer the scholarship to another applicant. For recipients of partial scholarships, any remaining balance will become due and payable when you receive your confirmation of registration and no later than two weeks before the start of the program. Please note that submitting a scholarship application does not guarantee you a scholarship nor automatically register you for the program.
- If I am not awarded a scholarship, is there any chance I could be offered one later?
- Applicants who are not offered a scholarship are placed on a waiting list after they are notified. We are unable to respond to status inquiries from applicants on the waiting list. In the event a scholarship becomes available, applicants on the waiting list are contacted. Individuals are welcome to reapply the following year.
- What if I still have questions?
- If your question was not addressed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845.266.4444, ext. 388. In your message, please mention the specific program for which you are applying. We may not be able to call you back immediately and appreciate your patience.