Omega believes that the benefits of a holistic education should be available to everyone. The Omega Scholarship Program is one of the ways we demonstrate our commitment to building a holistic learning community, increasing our responsiveness to barriers that exist, and creating greater access to the educational opportunities offered by Omega.
Department: Omega Center for Sustainable Living (OCSL)
Brief Description: Solving today's challenges requires ecological literacy - an understanding of the patterns and principles that underlie all living systems. This transformational 4-week residential certificate program provides participants with an innovative approach to landscape and community design, to regenerate the health and wellbeing of people and our planet.
|Ecological Literacy Immersion Program (ELIP)||June 30–July 26, 2019||June 22, 2019|
Location: Rhinebeck, NY
Application Deadline: Complete scholarship applications received by March 15, 2019 will be considered in the first round of review. However, applicants should apply early to ensure a space in the program.
Notification: You will be notified within several weeks of when we receive your application. We will contact you by email. If you do not have an email address, we will notify you by phone or mail.
Requirements: In order to be considered for a scholarship for the 2019 Ecological Literacy Immersion Program (ELIP), we also require a Program Application and Recommendation Form. More information can be found at eOmega.org/ELIP. If you are offered a scholarship, we may request that you spread the word about the course; help with photography, blogging, and social media; and/or make other contributions in support of the program. This scholarship has a required deposit of $500, which is needed to hold space in the program. We ask scholarship recipients to commit to completing 3 evaluations of the program - on the final day, 6 months and 1 year after the program.
- How do I submit my application?
- Complete online at eomega.org/scholarships/elip-2019
Print, complete, and submit
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: Omega Institute
ATTN: Eco-Literacy Immersion Program Scholarship
150 Lake Drive
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
- By fax: 845.266.9617
FAQ can be found online at: http://eomega.org/scholarships/elip-2019
- How do I submit my application?
- When should I apply?
- We encourage you to apply as early as possible and allow four to six weeks for processing. Applications are assessed on a rolling basis until available funding is exhausted.
- When and how will I hear about the status of my application?
You will be notified within several weeks of when we receive your application. We will contact you by email. If you do not have an email address, we will notify you by phone or mail.
- What do scholarships cover?
A partial scholarship covers a portion of the total cost of participating in a program on campus. The exact amount of assistance is determined based on need, merit, and available funds.
- What type of housing is covered?
The housing type for this scholarship is platform camping. Campsites are in the woods uphill from campus with the bathroom a short walk away. If you require a different type of accommodations, you may need to pay for the upgrade in housing type. A limited number of shared indoor accommodations are available at discounted rates. If you have special needs, need to borrow a tent, or would like to inquire about discounted indoor options should they be available - please contact email@example.com.
- Is transportation covered?
- The cost of transportation to/from Omega is NOT included in the scholarship; please make sure you are able to cover the cost of your travel expenses.
- Why do you request financial information?
- One of the ways we assess applications is to take financial need into account (using the guidelines below). Funds for scholarships are limited, and we unfortunately do not have the resources to provide a scholarship to every applicant. Please note that fitting into these financial guidelines does not automatically qualify you for a scholarship.
- How do you decide who receives a scholarship?
In addition to looking for applicants who would not be able to afford to attend the program without a scholarship, during our application assessment process we carefully consider responses to the essay questions and strength of the applicant's Program Application and Recommendation. Scholarships are primarily awarded to people with a strong desire to apply what they learn in the course of their work, lives and communities; bring a diversity of perspectives, backgrounds, and experience; and would not be able to afford to attend without a scholarship. Please do not apply if you have other means of support as we have participants who cannot access the program without these funds.
- If I am awarded a scholarship, how do I make sure I am registered for my program?
- You can make sure you are registered by confirming your decision to attend within two weeks of being notified of acceptance. If you are unable to confirm your participation, we may offer the scholarship to another applicant. For recipients of partial scholarships, any remaining balance will become due and payable when you receive your confirmation of registration and no later than two weeks before the start of the program. Please note that submitting a scholarship application does not guarantee you a scholarship nor automatically register you for the program.
- If I am not awarded a scholarship, is there any chance I could be offered one later?
- Applicants who are not offered a scholarship are placed on a waiting list after they are notified. We are unable to respond to status inquiries from applicants on the waiting list. In the event a scholarship becomes available, applicants on the waiting list are contacted. Individuals are welcome to reapply the following year.
- What if I still have questions?
- If your question was not addressed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845.266.4444, ext. 388. In your message, please mention the specific program for which you are applying. We may not be able to call you back immediately and appreciate your patience.
|Household Size||Household Income Level|