Omega believes that the benefits of a holistic education should be available to everyone. The Omega Scholarship Program is one of the ways we demonstrate our commitment to building a holistic learning community, increasing our responsiveness to barriers that exist, and creating greater access to the educational opportunities offered by Omega.
Brief Description: This scholarship is focused on enriching Omega’s learning community with diverse perspectives and broadening access to a cross-section of Omega educational opportunities for new or infrequent participants for whom financial barriers exist. Applicants to the Holistic Studies Scholarship choose from the list of selected workshops and conferences below, across all our learning paths and scheduled throughout the season.
|Introduction to Intuitive Painting||September 14–16, 2018||August 26, 2018|
|The Metamorphosis Lab||September 16–21, 2018||August 26, 2018|
|Aging Backwards||September 28–30, 2018||September 9, 2018|
|Yoga Therapy for Self-Care & Healing||September 30–October 5, 2018||September 9, 2018|
|One Spirit Medicine||October 12–14, 2018||September 23, 2018|
|Manifest Love With the Soulmate Secret||October 19–21, 2018||September 30, 2018|
|Jump-Start Your Memoir||October 21–26, 2018||September 30, 2018|
|The Full Scope of Yoga||October 26–28, 2018||October 7, 2018|
|Compassion in Connection Conference||October 26–28, 2018||October 7, 2018|
Location: Rhinebeck, NY
Application Deadline: Scholarship applications will be processed starting in February and on a rolling basis thereafter until all spaces are full. We are unable to consider scholarship applications submitted after the deadline. We encourage you to apply as early as possible, as applications are processed in the order received and deadlines may change. Programs may be removed from this list at any time.
Notification: We notify recipients starting in March and on a monthly rolling basis thereafter. We will contact you by email. If you do not have an email address, we will notify you by phone or mail.
Requirements: Priority is given to applicants who haven't been to the Omega Institute. Those who received a scholarship in 2016 or 2017 are not eligible. Because our funding is limited, we are unable to offer a scholarship to every applicant, and may not be able to offer full scholarships. We ask applicants not to register for a program before receiving confirmation of a scholarship. We ask scholarship recipients to commit to completing a survey with questions about their experience of the program, being on campus, and receiving a scholarship.
If you are applying for Getting the Love You Want or Wired for Love, each partner must submit a separate application.
- How do I submit my application?
- Complete online at eomega.org/scholarships/hss18
Print, complete, and submit
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By mail: Omega Institute
ATTN: Holistic Studies Scholarship
150 Lake Drive
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
- By fax: 845.266.3769
FAQ can be found online at: http://eomega.org/scholarships/hss18
- How do I submit my application?
- When should I apply?
- We encourage you to apply as early as possible and allow four to six weeks for processing. Applications are assessed on a rolling basis until available funding is exhausted.
- When and how will I hear about the status of my application?
We notify recipients starting in March and on a monthly rolling basis thereafter. We will contact you by email. If you do not have an email address, we will notify you by phone or mail.
- What do scholarships cover?
- A full scholarship covers 100% of the total cost of participating in a program on campus. This total cost includes tuition, housing, meals, access to campus amenities, any material fees, and, if applicable, Children’s Program tuition.
- A partial scholarship covers 25%, 50% or 75% of the total cost, as outlined above, of participating in a program on campus.
- A commuter scholarship covers 100% of the cost of participating in a program as a daily commuter. The total cost includes tuition, meals, access to campus amenities, any material fees, and, if applicable, Children’s Program tuition. A commuter scholarship does not include housing.
- What type of housing covered?
The housing type for this scholarship is a tent cabin. It is directly uphill from campus in the middle of the woods, with the bathroom a short walk away. If you want a different type of housing, you will need to call Registration at 800-944-1001 to check on availability and pay the difference between your chosen housing and the tent cabin scholarship price, which is the camping rate.
- Is transportation covered?
- The cost of transportation to/from Omega is NOT included in the scholarship; please make sure you are able to cover the cost of your travel expenses.
- Why do you request financial information?
- One of the ways we assess applications is to take financial need into account (using the guidelines below). Funds for scholarships are limited, and we unfortunately do not have the resources to provide a scholarship to every applicant. Please note that fitting into these financial guidelines does not automatically qualify you for a scholarship.
- How do you decide who receives a scholarship?
In addition to looking for applicants who will bring their unique perspectives and backgrounds to the learning community and who would not be able to afford to attend the program without a scholarship, we carefully consider responses to the essay questions during our application assessment process.
- If I am awarded a scholarship, how do I make sure I am registered for my program?
- You can make sure you are registered by confirming your decision to attend within two weeks of being notified of acceptance. If you are unable to confirm your participation, we may offer the scholarship to another applicant. For recipients of partial scholarships, any remaining balance will become due and payable when you receive your confirmation of registration and no later than two weeks before the start of the program. Please note that submitting a scholarship application does not guarantee you a scholarship nor automatically register you for the program.
- If I am not awarded a scholarship, is there any chance I could be offered one later?
- Applicants who are not offered a scholarship are placed on a waiting list after they are notified. We are unable to respond to status inquiries from applicants on the waiting list. In the event a scholarship becomes available, applicants on the waiting list are contacted. Individuals are welcome to reapply the following year.
- What if I still have questions?
- If your question was not addressed here, please email email@example.com or call 845.256.8144, ext. 180. In your message, please mention the specific program for which you are applying. We may not be able to call you back immediately and appreciate your patience.
|Household Size||Household Income Level|