Omega believes that the benefits of a holistic education should be available to everyone. The Omega Scholarship Program is one of the ways we demonstrate our commitment to building a holistic learning community, increasing our responsiveness to barriers that exist, and creating greater access to the educational opportunities offered by Omega.
Brief Description: This scholarship is focused on enriching Omega’s learning community with diverse perspectives and broadening access to a cross-section of Omega educational opportunities for new or infrequent participants for whom financial barriers exist. Applicants to the Holistic Studies Scholarship choose from the list of selected workshops and conferences below, across all our learning paths and scheduled throughout the season.
|Reconnect to Divine Energy||May 3–5, 2019||April 14, 2019|
|12 Steps for Everyone||May 3–5, 2019||April 14, 2019|
|The Art of Monoprinting||May 5–10, 2019||April 14, 2019|
|Yoga Tune-In||May 5–10, 2019||April 14, 2019|
|Aging Backwards||May 10–12, 2019||April 21, 2019|
|The Spirit & Craft of Poetry||May 19–24, 2019||April 28, 2019|
|Let Go for Real||May 19–24, 2019||April 28, 2019|
|The Four Agreements for a Better Life||May 31–June 2, 2019||April 14, 2019|
|Awakening the Creative||June 2–7, 2019||May 12, 2019|
|The Wisdom of Reiki Conference||June 7–9, 2019||May 19, 2019|
|Relief From Chronic Pain||June 7–9, 2019||May 19, 2019|
|Building a Vocal Community||June 9–14, 2019||May 19, 2019|
|Unraveling the Mysteries of Pain & Trauma||June 9–14, 2019||May 19, 2019|
|Build Your Audience in the Digital Age||June 21–23, 2019||June 2, 2019|
|From Vision to Visionary||June 21–23, 2019||June 2, 2019|
|Youth Yoga & Mindfulness||June 23–28, 2019||June 2, 2019|
|Drumsong||June 28–30, 2019||June 9, 2019|
|Inspirational Gospel Music Community||June 30–July 5, 2019||June 9, 2019|
|Storytelling Your Life||June 30–July 5, 2019||June 9, 2019|
|Omega Wellness Weekend||July 5–7, 2019||June 16, 2019|
|Reclaiming Self||July 7–12, 2019||June 16, 2019|
|Rites of Passage||July 14–19, 2019||March 31, 2019|
|Social Equity in Schools||July 19–21, 2019||June 30, 2019|
|Radical Acceptance||July 26–28, 2019||June 9, 2019|
|Provocative Courage||August 2–4, 2019||July 14, 2019|
|Little Flower Yoga & Mindfulness Teacher Training||August 2–9, 2019||April 21, 2019|
|The Radiant Power of Women||August 4–9, 2019||July 14, 2019|
|Educating for a Sustainable Future||August 4–9, 2019||July 14, 2019|
|Transformative Practices for Cultivating Health & Vitality||August 9–11, 2019||July 21, 2019|
|Become a Psychic Detective||August 9–11, 2019||July 21, 2019|
|Decolonizing Ourselves||August 16–18, 2019||July 28, 2019|
|Circlesongs: It's About Us||August 16–23, 2019||March 31, 2019|
|Sacred Instructions||August 23–25, 2019||August 4, 2019|
|Wired for Love||August 23–25, 2019||August 4, 2019|
|—For couples only; each partner must submit a separate application.|
|Earth Wisdom of the Teyuna Elders||August 25–30, 2019||August 4, 2019|
|Realign & Refine With Original Hot Yoga||August 25–30, 2019||August 4, 2019|
|Ecstatic Chant||August 30–September 2, 2019||August 11, 2019|
|Special Labor Day Chant Session||September 2–3, 2019||August 11, 2019|
|Meditation for Spiritual Transformation & Emotional Healing||September 6–8, 2019||August 18, 2019|
|The Answer is You||September 6–8, 2019||August 18, 2019|
|East Meets West Musical Fusion||September 8–13, 2019||August 18, 2019|
|Around the Fire||September 8–13, 2019||August 18, 2019|
|Transforming Depression Through Connection||September 13–15, 2019||August 25, 2019|
|Liberation Prison Yoga||September 22–27, 2019||August 25, 2019|
|Create a Picture Book||September 29–October 4, 2019||September 8, 2019|
|Yoga Nidra Retreat||September 29–October 4, 2019||September 8, 2019|
|Nutritional Science for Restoring Health & Living Longer||October 4–6, 2019||September 15, 2019|
|Real Magic||October 4–6, 2019||September 15, 2019|
|Rise Sister Rise||October 6–11, 2019||July 14, 2019|
|Boundless Liberation||October 11–18, 2019||July 7, 2019|
|Healing Through Transformation||October 20–25, 2019||September 29, 2019|
|Jump Start Your Memoir||October 20–25, 2019||September 29, 2019|
|The Full Scope of Yoga||October 25–27, 2019||October 6, 2019|
Location: Rhinebeck, NY
Application Deadline: Scholarship applications will be processed starting in February and on a rolling basis thereafter until all spaces are full. We are unable to consider scholarship applications submitted after the deadline. We encourage you to apply as early as possible, as applications are processed in the order received and deadlines may change. Programs may be removed from this list at any time.
Notification: We notify recipients starting in March and on a monthly rolling basis thereafter. We will contact you by email. If you do not have an email address, we will notify you by phone or mail.
Requirements: Priority is given to applicants who haven't been to the Omega Institute. Those who received a scholarship in 2017 or 2018 are not eligible. Because our funding is limited, we are unable to offer a scholarship to every applicant, and may not be able to offer full scholarships. We ask applicants not to register for a program before receiving confirmation of a scholarship. We ask scholarship recipients to commit to completing a survey with questions about their experience of the program, being on campus, and receiving a scholarship.
If you are applying for Wired for Love: A Couples Workshop each partner must submit a separate application.
- How do I submit my application?
- Complete online at eomega.org/scholarships/hss19
Print, complete, and submit
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: Omega Institute
ATTN: Holistic Studies Scholarship
150 Lake Drive
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
- By fax: 845.266.3769
FAQ can be found online at: http://eomega.org/scholarships/hss19
- How do I submit my application?
- When should I apply?
- We encourage you to apply as early as possible and allow four to six weeks for processing. Applications are assessed on a rolling basis until available funding is exhausted.
- When and how will I hear about the status of my application?
We notify recipients starting in March and on a monthly rolling basis thereafter. We will contact you by email. If you do not have an email address, we will notify you by phone or mail.
- What do scholarships cover?
- A full scholarship covers 100% of the total cost of participating in a program on campus. This total cost includes tuition, housing, meals, access to campus amenities, any material fees, and, if applicable, Children’s Program tuition.
- A partial scholarship covers 25%, 50% or 75% of the total cost, as outlined above, of participating in a program on campus.
- A commuter scholarship covers 100% of the cost of participating in a program as a daily commuter. The total cost includes tuition, meals, access to campus amenities, any material fees, and, if applicable, Children’s Program tuition. A commuter scholarship does not include housing.
- What type of housing is covered?
The housing type for this scholarship is a tent cabin. It is directly uphill from campus in the middle of the woods, with the bathroom a short walk away. If you want a different type of housing, you will need to call Registration at 800-944-1001 to check on availability and pay the difference between your chosen housing and the tent cabin scholarship price, which is the camping rate.
- Is transportation covered?
- The cost of transportation to/from Omega is NOT included in the scholarship; please make sure you are able to cover the cost of your travel expenses.
- Why do you request financial information?
- One of the ways we assess applications is to take financial need into account (using the guidelines below). Funds for scholarships are limited, and we unfortunately do not have the resources to provide a scholarship to every applicant. Please note that fitting into these financial guidelines does not automatically qualify you for a scholarship.
- How do you decide who receives a scholarship?
In addition to looking for applicants who will bring their unique perspectives and backgrounds to the learning community and who would not be able to afford to attend the program without a scholarship, we carefully consider responses to the essay questions during our application assessment process.
- If I am awarded a scholarship, how do I make sure I am registered for my program?
- You can make sure you are registered by confirming your decision to attend within two weeks of being notified of acceptance. If you are unable to confirm your participation, we may offer the scholarship to another applicant. For recipients of partial scholarships, any remaining balance will become due and payable when you receive your confirmation of registration and no later than two weeks before the start of the program. Please note that submitting a scholarship application does not guarantee you a scholarship nor automatically register you for the program.
- If I am not awarded a scholarship, is there any chance I could be offered one later?
- Applicants who are not offered a scholarship are placed on a waiting list after they are notified. We are unable to respond to status inquiries from applicants on the waiting list. In the event a scholarship becomes available, applicants on the waiting list are contacted. Individuals are welcome to reapply the following year.
- What if I still have questions?
- If your question was not addressed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845.266.4444, ext. 180. In your message, please mention the specific program for which you are applying. We may not be able to call you back immediately and appreciate your patience.
|Household Size||Household Income Level (Full)||Household Income Level (Partial)|