Omega believes that the benefits of a holistic education should be available to everyone. The Omega Scholarship Program is one of the ways we demonstrate our commitment to building a holistic learning community, increasing our responsiveness to barriers that exist, and creating greater access to the educational opportunities offered by Omega.
Brief Description: In this veterans yoga retreat for women, gain skills to nourish and strengthen both body and mind, while increasing resilience, promoting healing and reintegrating after military service. Practicing gentle yoga in a supportive community, you learn to modify postures to accommodate your unique physical circumstances and ailments.
|Veterans Yoga Retreat for Women||September 23–28, 2018||August 15, 2018|
Location: Rhinebeck, NY
Application Deadline: We encourage you to apply as early as possible. The last date to apply is August 15, 2018.
Notification: We will notify recipients on or before August 24, 2018. We will contact you by email. If you do not have an email address, we will notify you by phone or mail.
Requirements: Active or inactive duty military women and female veterans are eligible. This scholarship has a required participant contribution of $75. Scholarship recipients are asked to offer their feedback by committing to complete an online survey following the program.
- How do I submit my application?
- Complete online at eomega.org/scholarships/phw18
Print, complete, and submit
- By email: email@example.com
- By mail: Omega Institute
ATTN: Veterans Yoga Retreat for Women Scholarship
150 Lake Drive
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
- By fax: 845.266.3769
FAQ can be found online at: http://eomega.org/scholarships/phw18
- How do I submit my application?
- When should I apply?
- We encourage you to apply as early as possible, and no later than the application deadline above.
- When and how will I hear about the status of my application?
We will notify recipients on or before August 24, 2018. We will contact you by email. If you do not have an email address, we will notify you by phone or mail.
- What do scholarships cover?
- A full scholarship covers 100% of the total cost of participating in a program on campus that remains after the $75 required participant contribution. The total cost includes tuition, housing, meals, and access to campus amenities.
- A partial scholarship provides a significant discount toward the total cost of participating in a program on campus, as outlined above.
- A commuter scholarship covers 100% of the daily commuter cost. The total cost includes tuition, housing, meals, and access to campus amenities. A commuter scholarship does not include housing.
- Is transportation covered?
- The cost of transportation to/from Omega is NOT included in the scholarship; please make sure you are able to cover the cost of your travel expenses.
- Why do you request financial information?
- One of the ways we assess applications is to take financial need into account (using the guidelines below). Funds for scholarships are limited, and we unfortunately do not have the resources to provide a scholarship to every applicant. Please note that fitting into these financial guidelines does not automatically qualify you for a scholarship.
- How do you decide who receives a scholarship?
We take financial need into consideration and carefully review responses to the essay questions during our application assessment process.
- If I am awarded a scholarship, how do I make sure I am registered for my program?
- You can make sure you are registered by confirming your decision to attend within two weeks of being notified of acceptance. If you are unable to confirm your participation, we may offer the scholarship to another applicant. For recipients of partial scholarships, any remaining balance will become due and payable when you receive your confirmation of registration and no later than two weeks before the start of the program. Please note that submitting a scholarship application does not guarantee you a scholarship nor automatically register you for the program.
- If I am not awarded a scholarship, is there any chance I could be offered one later?
- Applicants who are not offered a scholarship are placed on a waiting list after they are notified. We are unable to respond to status inquiries from applicants on the waiting list. In the event a scholarship becomes available, applicants on the waiting list are contacted. Individuals are welcome to reapply the following year.
- What if I still have questions?
- If your question was not addressed here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845.266.4444, ext. 180. In your message, please mention the specific program for which you are applying. We may not be able to call you back immediately and appreciate your patience.
|Household Size||Household Income Level (Full)||Household Income Level (Partial)|