Learn to shift your awareness and return to your true nature in the midst of daily life.
Basic mindfulness begins by calming, focusing, and observing your mind. With this more advanced, yet simpler practice of effortless mindfulness, you learn to move immediately into open-hearted, awake awareness at any time throughout your day. Through the mastering of effortless mindfulness, you find the supportive space for your emotions and how to unburden shadow parts. You develop a deep sense of well-being, creativity, and unconditional love.
In this profound workshop with licensed psychotherapist Loch Kelly, a longtime mindfulness and awareness expert and educator, you learn how to:
- Use tools of awareness to help access freedom, focus, and flow in the midst of your daily life
- Tune into your awake, joyful nature, which is already present within you
- Shift out of your chattering mind and live from open-hearted awareness
- Find your internal source of intelligence, compassion, and flow
- Access the support to liberate the root of suffering and welcome all emotions
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the theory and practice of Effortless Mindfulness-based interventions.
- Identify the sources of stress and potential burnout that can be treated by Effortless Mindfulness protocols.
- Describe the advantages of Effortless Mindfulness tools to use with clients and for professional growth.
- Cite the scientific research related to Effortless Mindfulness benefits for health and psychological resiliency.
- Employ Effortless Mindfulness "listening practices” in dyads to enhance effective patient/provider communication, promote therapeutic alliance/connection, and increase overall quality of patient care.
Faculty recommends you read the following book and listen to the following audiobooks in preparation for the course:
- Shift Into Freedom: The Science and Practice of Openhearted Awareness by Loch Kelly
- Shift Into Freedom: A Training in the Science and Practice of Openhearted Awareness audiobook by Loch Kelly
- Effortless Mindfulness Now: Awakening Our Natural Capacity for Focus, Freedom and Joy audiobook by Loch Kelly
Please note that there is a special schedule for this course:
|4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.||Check In (Rooms available after 5:00 p.m.)|
|7:30 p.m.–7:50 p.m.||Welcome & Orientation|
|8:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|8:00 a.m.–8:45 a.m.||Commuter check-in (if not checked-in the previous evening)|
|2:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|7:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m.||Workshop|
|Noon–1:00 p.m.||Check Out|
The above schedule is subject to change at the discretion of the faculty.
Dining Hall Hours (Meals begin with dinner on arrival day and end with lunch on departure day.):
Breakfast: 7:00 a.m.–8:45 a.m.
Lunch: Noon–2:00 p.m.
Dinner: 6:00 p.m.–7:15 p.m.
Daily Open Classes in meditation, yoga, tai chi, or movement (subject to availability):
7:00–8:00 a.m., 12:15–1:00 p.m., 5:30–6:15 p.m., 5:30–6:30 p.m.
Meet the Teachers
Loch Kelly, MDiv, LCSW, is a graduate of Columbia University and Union Theological Seminary, wher ...
Tuition & Fees
Tuition covers your workshop costs and time spent in class with the faculty. Please see Stay With Us below for accommodation choices—which include meals and other amenities for those who wish to stay with us. Or see Commute for those who will not be staying on campus overnight.
Accommodations cover your room, all meals, and use of amenities and facilities—which includes optional classes, evening performances, sampler classes (during the week), the lake, walking trails, parking, and all other guest services. A list of local hotels and inns is available for those who wish to stay off-campus and commute (see Commute below).
Omega reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If Omega cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions or the more detailed Omega Cancellations & Refund Policies page.
Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
Nonrefundable credit toward a future Omega program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any Omega program or stay for one year following date of issue.
No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
For more cancellation policies, see individual workshops or the more detailed Omega Cancellations & Refund Policies page.
Program Insurance is available through TravMark's A+ Program Protection Plans. Get a free quote today.
Certificate of Attendance $ 25.00
Credit Hours: 10.5
ACCME - Physicians (Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education) $ 80.00
BRN/ANCC - Nurses $ 50.00
APA - Psychologists (American Psychological Association) $ 80.00
SW - Social Workers $ 50.00
SW-NYS - Social Workers of New York State $ 50.00