Emotional trauma is associated with many diseases, including cancer, anxiety, heart disease, depression, and diabetes. Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) releases traumatic memories by using special acupressure points, along with advanced psychological methods, to produce quick relief from even long-held stress.
Used by millions of people worldwide, more than 100 scientific papers have shown that EFT optimizes health and performance and addresses psychological problems—even those that have been resistant to conventional therapies. Research also shows that it reduces stress hormones and regulates inflammatory and immune system genes.
This workshop shows you how to unlock the full power of EFT using a systematic program that builds your skills over the course of 16 training modules.
Mental and medical health professionals, and coaches—as well as anyone interested in reducing stress—are invited to this training led by Dawson Church, author of The EFT Manual. As you discover how to lift your own emotional burdens with EFT, you gain the skills necessary to help others.
This workshop meets the requirements for Clinical EFT certification (eftuniverse.com).
Upon completion of this workshop you will be better able to:
- Demonstrate basic EFT methods with clients
- Identify the physiological signs of the stress response
- Describe how to utilize your observation of clients’ physiological shifts
- Discern the cognitive changes consistent with effective therapeutic interventions
- Name at least one hormonal, one neurological, one genetic, and one neurotransmitter shift that occurs when stress is reduced in a clinical setting
Save $100 on Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) or Heal the Healer when you attend the Energy Psychology Conference. To take advantage of this discount, please call Omega at 877.944.2002 to register. This offer cannot be combined with other discounts.
This workshop begins Monday at 8:30 a.m.
Faculty has asked us to share the information below with you as it will give you an understanding of what to expect during the course so you can make the most of your workshop experience.
Prior to the Workshops:
Please write down troubling emotional events and bring a list of these to the class to work on together. You are asked to pick minor ones. The reason for this is that these are interactive group workshops not individual therapy sessions. We want you to learn EFT thoroughly, so that it becomes a lifelong tool; if you are dealing with an issue that brings out an extreme emotional reaction you may wish to see a certified EFT Practitioner for a few sessions prior to the workshops.
During the Workshop
- Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of the workshop to register and get settled. We start each session exactly on time and ask that you be in your seat a couple of minutes early.
- We have Emotional Assistants (EAs) for each workshop that perform a variety of duties to make the workshop run smoothly and ensure all participants are attended to as needed.
- Check in with the EAs, pick up and complete the Liability release and the Videotape Release forms.
Note: Usually the only part of the workshop that is videotaped are the tapping demonstrations up front. If you don’t want to be videotaped, please do not volunteer for one. It is not necessary to work with the Trainer up front; you will find that just being in the audience and tapping along will give you the relief of borrowed benefits.
- Be sure to complete and return the two release forms to the EAs then pick up your name tag and Workshop Notebook. In the back of the workbook, you will find the Session Notes forms. You will start to record your sessions on the second day of Level 1.
- Please drink plenty of water during the workshops, especially during the sessions to avoid dehydration.
- There are three breaks: 15 minutes mid-morning, two and a half hours for lunch and another 15 minute break mid-afternoon. Get outside during the breaks, use them to relax and recharge.
- The workshops (s) are presented as 4 modules each day, 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. A breakdown of what is taught in each module can be found on the EFT Class Outline
- The lecture part of each module is kept to a minimum, because we include at least 6 hours of practical experience in each level: demonstrations, practice sessions and feedback.
Workshop Participation and Interaction:
Emotional Assistants (EAs) - are there to answer most logistical questions or issues (where are the bathrooms, the room is too cold, we need more water, etc.) and to provide assistance to those who may have a profound emotional reaction during a practice session.
We try to keep practice issues minor; however, emotions are messy and don’t always stay minor. They can get in the way of your learning during the workshops and tapping can bring up new issues as it peels away the layers. The EAs will walk around observing and interacting with you during the sessions and exercises.
If you are feeling emotionally overwhelmed, please do not hesitate to ask an EA to work with you. They may take you out of the room, but will focus on getting you stabilized and back into the room to continue learning as quickly as possible.
- Confidentiality. We ask that you not describe anyone’s session to anyone else outside this room in such a way that might identify them personally.
- If you have a question during a lecture, make a note and ask it afterwards, since your question might be answered later in the lecture.
- If you have a question about the instructions for any exercise, make sure you ask it before we start the exercise. The exercise instructions for each exercise are also in your workbook.
- During the practice sessions, you will alternate playing the role of coach and client. Dawson will ring a bell when it is time to switch roles. Please pick a new partner for each exercise, so you get experience working with different people. As he walks around and listens to your sessions, simply ignore him. When you are the coach, please do not turn your attention away from the client. It’s vitally important to give the client your full attention during the exercise, just as you would in a live session.
Please note this course begins Monday at 8:30 a.m. and has a special schedule:
|4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.||Check In (Rooms available after 5:00 p.m.)|
|7:30 p.m.–8:20 p.m.||Welcome & Orientation|
|8:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m.||Celebrating Community or Centering Into the Omega Experience|
|8:00 a.m.–8:45 a.m.||Commuter check-in (if not checked-in the previous evening)|
|2:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|2:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|2:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|Noon–1:00 p.m.||Check Out|
The above schedule is subject to change at the discretion of the faculty.
Dining Hall Hours (Dinner is included on arrival day):
Breakfast: 7:00 a.m.–8:45 a.m.
Lunch: Noon–2:00 p.m.
Dinner: 6:00 p.m.–7:15 p.m.
Daily Open Classes in meditation, yoga, tai chi, or movement (subject to availability):
7:00–8:00 a.m., 12:15–1:00 p.m., 5:30–6:15 p.m., 5:30–6:30 p.m.
Meet the Teachers
Dawson Church, PhD, is author of The Genie in Your Genes and founder ...
Tuition & Fees
We are no longer taking online registrations for this workshop.
Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
Tuition covers your workshop costs and time spent in class with the faculty. Please see Stay With Us below for accommodation choices—which include meals and other amenities for those who wish to stay with us. Or see Commute for those who will not be staying on campus overnight.
Accommodations cover your room, all meals, and use of amenities and facilities—which includes optional classes, evening performances, sampler classes (during the week), the lake, walking trails, parking, and all other guest services. A list of local hotels and inns is available for those who wish to stay off-campus and commute (see Commute below).
Omega reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If Omega cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions or the more detailed Omega Cancellations & Refund Policies page.
Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
Nonrefundable credit toward a future Omega program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any Omega program or stay for one year following date of issue.
No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
Omega reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If Omega cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions.
For more cancellation policies, see individual workshops or the more detailed Omega Cancellations & Refund Policies page.
Program Insurance is available through TravMark's A+ Program Protection Plans. Get a free quote today.
Certificate of Attendance $ 25.00
APA - Psychologists (American Psychological Association) $ 50
BRN/ANCC - Nurses $ 50
SW - Social Workers $ 50
SW-NYS - Social Workers of New York State $ 50