Panel Discussion with healing perspectives & stories from a Medical Doctor, Naturopathic Doctor, Intuitive Healer & Author.
- Overview of the Basics on Lyme Disease, Co-Infections, & Associated Chronic Disease:
- History & Evolution of tick-borne diseases worldwide
- Symptoms of Lyme and Co-infections
- Learn about the Co-Infections: Babesia, Bartonella, Ehrlichia, Rickettsia, Powassan Virus, others
- Lyme Disease, the “Great Imitator”: Lyme Disease can mimic ALS, Autism, Chronic Fatigue, Lupus, MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis to name a few
- Testing & Diagnosis: pitfalls and issues, good resources & options
- Understanding more fully what is Lyme Disease and how it affects the entire body and all systems
- The Emotional & Spiritual factors that need to be addressed for healing and transformation.
- Inspiring Stories of healing, self-discovery, recovery
We will close the evening with a group meditation & visualization journey.
Dr. Horowitz with Dr. Tom Francescott and Katina Makris
- Lyme-Multiple Systemic Infectious Disease Syndrome (MSIDS): Getting a road map of key overlapping medical/spiritual conditions contributing to persistent symptoms in Lyme Disease and other chronic diseases. Learn how to support these key areas naturally.
- Infections & Co-Infections: Bacterial, Parasites, Viruses, Yeast/Candida
- Immune Dysfunction
- Toxicity & the importance of detoxification for recovery
- Mitochondrial Dysfunction
- Emotional & Psychological Factors
- Adrenals & Hormonal System
- Sleep Disorders
- GI Disorders
Saturday afternoon 2:00-5pm:
Special “Breakout” tracks with more in-depth discussion on key topics
Dr. Horowitz: “Medical Track” for Health Care professionals:
- Lyme Disease & Co-infections: Classical & Integrative Approaches to diagnosis and treatment of Lyme Disease, other Borellia species, Babesia, Anaplasma, Erhlichia, Bartonella, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Viruses, Parasites, Candida/Mold etc.
- Overview of medical & integrative treatments for key components in MSIDS model such as inflammation, sleep, autonomic nervous system, toxicity, GI, pain management, endocrine balance, etc
Dr. Tom : A Naturopathic Approach in Lyme Disease
- Strengthening the individual and reducing infections by caring for the body, mind, and spirit with:
- An anti-Inflammatory “Lyme Diet”: to speed up recovery and wellness
- A Lyme Detox & Cleansing program: to support transformation and healing
- Boosting Energy: supporting the adrenal glands, mitochondria, and methylation pathways
- Lyme Herbs, Homeopathics, and Supplements: antimicrobials, anti-inflammatories, and tonics
- Integrating trauma, wellness, and mindfulness
- Katina I. Makris, CCH, CIH brings us to the soul’s center in this workshop. Via experiential exercises, visualizations, and with her intimate understanding of Lyme disease body, mind and spirit, each individual will gain take home pearls of personal insight and metaphysical tools to implement for their healing.
- Katina shares her message of inspiration ~mending the spirit is just as essential as mending the body~ having overcome advanced chronic Lyme disease herself.
- “Regaining your personal power after being gutted by the tragic affects of Lyme disease, is an intrinsic piece of recovery. I am honored to help guide others on how to tap into their innate inner healing abilities. The human being is not compartmentalized, but elastic and searching for balance.”
- The emotional and spiritual suffering of Lyme disease are just as real as the physical. This illness strips us to the core. Many individuals experience decimating losses due to Lyme disease. Like any serious illness, personal transformation is being asked of each person.
- The journey to the soul’s center is not easy, fraught with chaos and challenge, but if well tended, amazing growth and rebirth follows. Lyme disease bears a very worthy message worth listening to- “What is your heart’s true calling?”
Saturday evening 8-10pm:
- Opening Meditation
- Integrating your experience and learning
- Community sharing and support
- Putting it all together.
- Case studies. Stories of hope, inspiration, and recovery
- Special Topics: Managing Herxheimer’s reactions; Pain Management
- Lyme resources and organizations
The above schedule is subject to change at the discretion of the faculty.
The Children's Program is generally available during standard workshop hours only. Contact Omega registration at 877.944.2002 for details.