If you are mourning the death of a loved one or a loss of any kind—including divorce, job loss, pet loss, health loss, or any major life transition—know that there is solidarity and support to be gained from people who have firsthand experience with the challenges you are facing.
Join bereavement experts Terri Daniel and Heather Stang in a learning environment that will introduce you to healing processes not found in traditional counseling or support group settings. Also attend a special evening session and spirit reading with psychic medium Suzane Northrop.
Find comfort and support in an array of healing practices and multicultural traditions for working with grief, including yoga, meditation, art therapy, music therapy, and sacred ceremony.
In this retreat, you discover how to tend to the pain of your loss by learning how to:
- Give yourself time and space to mourn so that you can care for your grieving body
- Integrate the reality of your losses into a new model for going forward
- Pick up the pieces, and reengage with life in a healthy, meaningful way
- Accept and embrace impermanence
- Develop practices for reopening a wounded heart
- Create personal healing rituals to honor the grief journey
The intention of this program is to help participants move toward internal transformation rather than focusing on external events. This is realized by utilizing practical tools that move the "stuck" energy of grief out of our bodies and into a more spacious, more ventilated emotional landscape.
During the workshop, you experience:
- Multi-cultural teachings and practices
- Exploration of cosmologies and theologies related to loss
- Family dynamic mapping
- Guided meditations and journeys
- Art therapy processes
- Heart-healing ceremonies and rituals
- Interactive group work