It is important that you bring the following:
- Towels (Mount Madonna does not provide)
- Alarm clock
- Warm, comfortable clothing (for cool nights and mornings)
- Shoes (for a rural setting slippers for indoors, shoes are left in lobbies)
- Wet weather gear
- Bathing suit (for hot tub)
- Meditation cushion
All meals are vegetarian. Meat, fish, poultry, or eggs are not permitted on Mount Madonna property. No food may be brought to the center. To be assured of a complete fresh hot meal, guests must arrive within the first half hour of mealtime.
Please check onsite for meal schedule.
|Sample Meal Schedule|
|Breakfast 8:15–9:15 a.m.||Brunch 10:00–11:00 a.m.||Breakfast 8:30–9:30 a.m.|
|Lunch 12:30–1:30 p.m.||Snack 1:00–1:30 p.m.||Lunch 12:30–1:30 p.m.|
|Dinner* 5:00–6:00 p.m.||Dinner 5:00–6:00 p.m.||Dinner 5:00–6:00 p.m.|
*Friday dinner is served 5:30-6:30 p.m.
The weather can be quite variable during this time of the year, so bring a variety of clothing including items for wet weather. Nights can be cool; it can get to around 40 degrees and days can be in the high 70s.
Mount Madonna's Kaya Kalpa Wellness Center offers bodywork services by appointment. A one-hour massage is $85 and a Swedana treatment (an ayurvedic massage treatment) is $110. For more information, please call 408.847.3276 and leave a voicemail message.
Mount Madonna Rules
- Quiet hours are observed from 9:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Activities may continue during quiet hours as long as they proceed quietly.
- Meat, fish, poultry, or eggs are not permitted on the property.
- Nudity is not permitted where visible to the public. Bathing suits are required in the hot tub.
- Pets, illegal drugs, or alcohol are not allowed on the property. Smoking is allowed only in the courtyard of the ConferenceCenter.
- No adjustments can be made for missed meals or missed days.
- Food may not be brought to Mount Madonna.