Do you love a good foot massage? In this workshop for professionals and nonprofessionals alike, we learn to give a complete 60-minute session in Thai Foot massage as part of a 90-minute Thai massage that will pamper, renew, and restore the feet and the whole body.
Through hands-on practice, we explore the style and method derived from Shivaga Komarpaj of the Chiang Mai school of Thai Massage. This is a powerful healing tool that can be implemented on its own, or as an addition to the full body massage. It’s also an invaluable service to offer to existing clients, as well as an effective way to attract and retain new clients.
We discuss protocols for preparing the feet for massage, discover reflexology techniques that utilize massage with and without oil, and gain skills with the Thai foot stick, which is used to glide the lines and press the points with greater accuracy and precision than the hands alone.
No prior massage or reflexology experience is necessary to be educated in this methodology, and couples are welcome to attend.
Upon completion of this workshop participants will be able to:
Demonstrate and list:
- the 4 foundations that are the building blocks of putting together a Thai Yoga Massage: Mindful breathing, Stances (ex: diamond, open diamond, kneeling diamond, warrior), Rythmic Rocking (forward rock, bamboo rock, whirlpool rock), a variety of touch techniques (palm chasing palm, thumb chasing thumb)
- Thai Yoga Massage to different potential clients including clients with and without any yoga background
- any contraindications for giving a Thai Massage and Thai Foot Reflexology Massage
Describe and demonstrate how to:
- care for a client before, during and after the massage
- clean and prepare the feet for a Thai Foot Reflexology Massage
- apply shea butter to a client’s feet and legs
- use a Thai Massage Reflexology Stick
- 7 stretches for the feet with the recipient in a supine position
- 4 massage technique using thumbs for the plantar side of the foot that massage the fascia and tendons of the feet
- 2 massage techniques using the reflexology stick to massage the sides of the feet
- 1 massage technique using the reflexology stick to massage the toes
- 5 massage techniques using the reflexology stick to massage the plantar side of the foot
- 14 massage techniques using the hands and thumbs to massage the dorsal side of the foot
- a Thai Reflexology massage that uses the massage stick to massage 26 points on the plantar side of the foot
- 4 stretches and massage techniques for the single leg with the recipient in a supine position
- massage techniques for the energy lines (meridians) of the legs with the recipient in a supine position
- a maneuver to roll the recipient from supine into a prone position
- a series of massage techniques for the back using palms and thumbs with the recipient in a prone position
- an abdominal massage and chest opening exercises using a mix of palming and thumbing techniques
- a massage for the arms and hands
- a massage for the neck, shoulders and head with the recipient in a supine position
- 2 stretches and massage techniques for the back and hips with the recipient seated on the mat
- 4 stretches and massage techniques for the feet, legs and glutes with the recipient in a prone position
- 5 stretches and massage techniques for both legs simultaneously with the recipient in a supine position
$30 materials fee for Thai Foot Reflexology manual and massage stick; include when you register. Once class has begun, if you choose to transfer out of this workshop, the $30 materials fee is nonrefundable.
|4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.||Check In (Rooms available after 5:00 p.m.)|
|7:30 p.m.–8:20 p.m.||Welcome & Orientation|
|8:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m.||Celebrating Community or Centering Into the Omega Experience|
|8:00 a.m.–8:45 a.m.||Commuter check-in (if not checked-in the previous evening)|
|2:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|2:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|2:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|Noon–1:00 p.m.||Check Out|
The above schedule is subject to change at the discretion of the faculty.
Dining Hall Hours (Dinner is included on arrival day):
Breakfast: 7:00 a.m.–8:45 a.m.
Lunch: Noon–2:00 p.m.
Dinner: 6:00 p.m.–7:15 p.m.
Daily Open Classes in meditation, yoga, tai chi, or movement (subject to availability):
7:00–8:00 a.m., 12:15–1:00 p.m., 5:30–6:15 p.m., 5:30–6:30 p.m.
Meet the Teachers
Tuition & Fees
We are no longer taking online registrations for this workshop.
Thai Foot Reflexology
Tuition covers your workshop costs and time spent in class with the faculty. Please see Stay With Us below for accommodation choices—which include meals and other amenities for those who wish to stay with us. Or see Commute for those who will not be staying on campus overnight.
Accommodations cover your room, all meals, and use of amenities and facilities—which includes optional classes, evening performances, sampler classes (during the week), the lake, walking trails, parking, and all other guest services. A list of local hotels and inns is available for those who wish to stay off-campus and commute (see Commute below).
Omega reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If Omega cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions or the more detailed Omega Cancellations & Refund Policies page.
Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
Nonrefundable credit toward a future Omega program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any Omega program or stay for one year following date of issue.
No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
Omega reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If Omega cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions.
For more cancellation policies, see individual workshops or the more detailed Omega Cancellations & Refund Policies page.
Program Insurance is available through TravMark's A+ Program Protection Plans. Get a free quote today.
Certificate of Attendance $ 35.00
NCBTMB - Bodyworkers and Massage Therapists (National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork) $ 50