The Faculty asked us to pass along following. Please read it carefully as it contains important information about how to prepare for the course.
To help us get to know you better and to ensure we support you adequately during the weekend, please fill out this required profile within a week of registering:
To ensure that you get the most from The Shadow Experience, we ask that you attend the full course –meaning no late arrivals or early departures.
This is an intensive, emotionally demanding, participatory workshop with some moderate levels of physical activity. If you have a physical or emotional condition that might limit your ability to fully participate in the workshop, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible to explore your options.
There are a few practices we suggest you start now to prepare for this course:
- The Dark Side of the Light Chasers by Debbie Ford is required reading prior to attending the workshop. This is very important to ensure that you and others get the most from this course. It is important that everyone who attends meets this minimum commitment.
- Though they’re not required, we also recommend you read Debbie Ford’s, The Secret of the Shadow and The Right Questions . If you have the opportunity, you might also want to watch The Shadow Effect movie.
- In preparation, it’s important to nourish yourself -- body, mind, and spirit. We suggest that you get plenty of rest, surround yourself with supportive people and experiences, and eat fresh wholesome food.
- Take note of your internal dialogue, both negative and positive. We recommend that you begin keeping a journal, if you are not already in the practice, and continue journaling 2-3 pages a day at least seven days prior to The Shadow Experience. When you submit your Shadow Experience Profile, we’ll email you some questions for your use in journaling. A workbook with journaling pages will be provided for you at the workshop, so you do not need to bring your own.
- We will request that some of the breaks between sessions and those over night will be taken in silence. Please prepare yourself and those around you for the fact that you’ll be spending portions of the weekend in a silent, introspective space.
Please dress in comfortable clothing that will allow for movement. Due to possible fluctuations in room temperature, we also advise dressing in layers.
A follow-up call for The Shadow Experience will be held on Thursday, July 6th at 5:30 PM Eastern time. This call is an important part of your process, supporting you to integrate the activities of the weekend. If you cannot make the call, it will be recorded and emailed out to you.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com.