Although the human psyche has been explored by the greatest intellects, most of us still live in the dark and feel continually perplexed by the behavior of our loved ones, our neighbors, and—more often than not—ourselves. But to live a full life, it is essential to understand the human shadow and its effect on our own lives and the lives of those around us.
Based on the groundbreaking work of the late Debbie Ford, longtime Omega friend and teacher, this program invites you on a transformative personal journey from darkness to light. Through an experiential process of self-discovery, you:
- Peel away limitations and discover the authentic power of your true self
- Expose hidden impulses that influence your daily decisions
- Break free from fear, shame, regret, and self-sabotaging behaviors
- Revolutionize the way you see your yourself and others, opening up a whole new world of possibilities
In a safe and supportive environment, you gain the ability to embrace your greatest gifts and step into your most powerful, loving, and exuberant self.
To ensure that you get the most from The Shadow Experience, we ask that you attend the full course–meaning no late arrivals or early departures.
The Faculty asked us to pass along following. Please read it carefully as it contains important information about how to prepare for the course.
To help us get to know you better and to ensure we support you adequately during the weekend, please fill out this required profile within a week of registering:
This is an intensive, emotionally demanding, participatory workshop with some moderate levels of physical activity. If you have a physical or emotional condition that might limit your ability to fully participate in the workshop, we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible to explore your options.
There are a few practices we suggest you start now to prepare for this course:
- The Dark Side of the Light Chasers by Debbie Ford is required reading prior to attending the workshop. This is very important to ensure that you and others get the most from this course. It is important that everyone who attends meets this minimum commitment.
- Though they’re not required, we also recommend you read Debbie Ford’s, The Secret of the Shadow and The Right Questions. If you have the opportunity, you might also want to watch The Shadow Effect movie.
- In preparation, it’s important to nourish yourself–body, mind, and spirit. We suggest that you get plenty of rest, surround yourself with supportive people and experiences, and eat fresh wholesome food.
- Take note of your internal dialogue, both negative and positive. We recommend that you begin keeping a journal, if you are not already in the practice, and continue journaling 2-3 pages a day at least seven days prior to The Shadow Experience. When you submit your Shadow Experience Profile, we’ll email you some questions for your use in journaling. A workbook with journaling pages will be provided for you at the workshop, so you do not need to bring your own.
- We will request that some of the breaks between sessions and those over night will be taken in silence. Please prepare yourself and those around you for the fact that you’ll be spending portions of the weekend in a silent, introspective space.
Please dress in comfortable clothing that will allow for movement. Due to possible fluctuations in room temperature, we also advise dressing in layers.
A follow-up call for The Shadow Experience will be held on Thursday, June 28th at 5:30 PM Eastern time. This call is an important part of your process, supporting you to integrate the activities of the weekend. If you cannot make the call, it will be recorded and emailed out to you.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that there is a special schedule for this course. Also to ensure that you get the most from The Shadow Experience, we ask that you attend the full course–meaning no late arrivals or early departures.
|4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.||Check In (Rooms available after 5:00 p.m.)|
|7:30 p.m.–7:50 p.m.||Welcome & Orientation|
|8:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|8:00 a.m.–8:45 a.m.||Commuter check-in (if not checked-in the previous evening)|
|2:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|7:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m.||Workshop|
|Noon–1:00 p.m.||Check Out|
The above schedule is subject to change at the discretion of the faculty.
Dining Hall Hours (Meals begin with dinner on arrival day and end with lunch on departure day.):
Breakfast: 7:00 a.m.–8:45 a.m.
Lunch: Noon–2:00 p.m.
Dinner: 6:00 p.m.–7:15 p.m.
Daily Open Classes in meditation, yoga, tai chi, or movement (subject to availability):
7:00–8:00 a.m., 12:15–1:00 p.m., 5:30–6:15 p.m., 5:30–6:30 p.m.
Meet the Teachers
Kelley Kosow, author of The Integrity Advantage, is a transformational leader, motivational s ...
Tuition & Fees
We are no longer taking online registrations for this workshop.
The Shadow Experience
Tuition covers your workshop costs and time spent in class with the faculty. Please see Stay With Us below for accommodation choices—which include meals and other amenities for those who wish to stay with us. Or see Commute for those who will not be staying on campus overnight.
Accommodations cover your room, all meals, and use of amenities and facilities—which includes optional classes, evening performances, sampler classes (during the week), the lake, walking trails, parking, and all other guest services. A list of local hotels and inns is available for those who wish to stay off-campus and commute (see Commute below).
Omega reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If Omega cancels a program, you will receive a full refund. Some programs may have special cancellation policies; see individual workshop descriptions or the more detailed Omega Cancellations & Refund Policies page.
Refunds are available (less a $50 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
Nonrefundable credit toward a future Omega program or stay (less a $50 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any Omega program or stay for one year following date of issue.
No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
For more cancellation policies, see individual workshops or the more detailed Omega Cancellations & Refund Policies page.
Program Insurance is available through TravMark's A+ Program Protection Plans. Get a free quote today.
Certificate of Attendance $ 25.00