Basic mindfulness begins by calming, focusing, and observing your thought, sensations, and emotions. With the advanced, yet simple practice of effortless mindfulness, you can learn to shift awareness from the contents into the context of open-hearted awareness with its natural peace, clarity, and compassion. When you shift out of the small thought-based self into your already available true nature to be with your emotions, you develop a deep sense of well-being, creativity, and unconditional love. This course will review evidence-based practices and research of effortless mindfulness and Internal Family Systems (IFS) psychology to help embody awakening. We will explore how to apply this approach in your life and in your professional healing practice with clients.
Guided by licensed psychotherapist and meditation teacher Loch Kelly, you learn to:
- Use tools of awareness to help access freedom, focus, and flow in the midst of your daily life
- Tune into your awake, joyful nature, which is already present within you, and apply these skills in your healing practice with clients
- Shift out of your chattering mind and live from your heart-mind
- Find your internal source of intelligence, compassion, and flow
- Access the support to liberate the root of suffering and welcome all emotions
- Utilize effortless mindfulness and IFS methods for your embodied well-being and teach friends and clients how to shift awareness in their daily lives, resulting in enhanced client health and well-being
This workshop is open to beginner and experienced meditators, including healing professionals who wish to use mindfulness as self-care or with their clients. It is designed to help all levels of health-care professionals become familiar with the applications of Effortless Mindfulness practices and apply to their own life and with their patients.
At the end of this program, you will receive a certificate of completion in Effortless Mindfulness.
Faculty recommends you read the following book and listen to the following audiobook in preparation for the course:
- The Way of Effortless Mindfulness: A Revolutionary Guide for Living an Awakened Life by Loch Kelly
- Shift Into Freedom: A Training in the Science and Practice of Openhearted Awareness audiobook by Loch Kelly
Please note there is a special schedule for this course:
|4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.||Check In (Rooms available after 5:00 p.m.)|
|7:30 p.m.–7:50 p.m.||Welcome & Orientation|
|8:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|2:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|7:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m.||Workshop|
|1:00 p.m.||Check Out|
The above schedule is subject to change at the discretion of the faculty.
Dining Hall Hours (Meals begin with dinner on arrival day and end with lunch on departure day.):
Breakfast: 7:00 a.m.–8:45 a.m.
Lunch: Noon–2:00 p.m.
Dinner: 6:00 p.m.–7:15 p.m.
Daily Open Classes in meditation, yoga, tai chi, or movement (subject to availability):
7:00–8:00 a.m., 12:15–1:00 p.m., 5:30–6:15 p.m., 5:30–6:30 p.m.
This workshop is by application only. Please submit your materials according to the directions on this page.
Regrettably, this workshop has been cancelled.
Tuition covers your workshop costs and time spent in class with the faculty. Please see Stay With Us below for accommodation choices—which include meals and other amenities for those who wish to stay with us. Or see Commute for those who will not be staying on campus overnight
Stay With Us
Accommodations cover your room, all meals, and use of amenities and facilities—which includes optional classes, evening performances, sampler classes (during the week), the lake, walking trails, parking, and all other guest services.
A list of local hotels and inns is available for those who wish to stay off-campus and commute (see Commute).
2 nights commuter fee
The commuter fee includes the full benefits of our unique Accommodations & Meals Package, excluding the cost of accommodations. A list of local Local Hotels and Inns is available.
See our Cancellation Policy.
Credit Hours: 12.5
|ACCME - Physicians (Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education)||$80|
|APA - Psychologists (American Psychological Association)||$80|
|BRN - Nurses||$50|
|SW-NYS - Social Workers and Counselors of New York State (NY)||$50|