Learn to shift your awareness and return to your true nature in the midst of daily life.
Basic mindfulness begins by calming, focusing, and observing your mind. With this advanced yet simple practice of effortless mindfulness, you learn to move immediately into open-hearted awareness at any time throughout your day. You find the supportive space for your emotions and develop a deep sense of well-being, creativity, and unconditional love.
Guided by licensed psychotherapist Loch Kelly, you learn how to:
- Use tools of awareness to help access freedom, focus, and flow in the midst of your daily life
- Tune into your awake, joyful nature, which is already present within you
- Shift out of your chattering mind and live from open-hearted awareness
- Find your internal source of intelligence, compassion, and flow
- Access the support to liberate the root of suffering and welcome all emotions
This workshop is open to nonprofessionals as well as healing professionals who wish to use mindfulness as self-care or teach it to their clients and patients.
Faculty recommends you read the following book and listen to the following audiobooks in preparation for the course:
- Shift Into Freedom: The Science and Practice of Openhearted Awareness by Loch Kelly
- Shift Into Freedom: A Training in the Science and Practice of Openhearted Awareness audiobook by Loch Kelly
- Effortless Mindfulness Now: Awakening Our Natural Capacity for Focus, Freedom and Joy audiobook by Loch Kelly
- The Way of Effortless Mindfulness: A Revolutionary Guide for Living an Awakened Life (to be released June, 2019) by Loch Kelly
Please note that there is a special schedule for this course:
|4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.||Check In (Rooms available after 5:00 p.m.)|
|7:30 p.m.–7:50 p.m.||Welcome & Orientation|
|8:00 p.m.–10:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|2:30 p.m.–5:00 p.m.||Workshop|
|7:30 p.m.–9:30 p.m.||Workshop|
|1:00 p.m.||Check Out|
The above schedule is subject to change at the discretion of the faculty.
Dining Hall Hours (Meals begin with dinner on arrival day and end with lunch on departure day.):
Breakfast: 7:00 a.m.–8:45 a.m.
Lunch: Noon–2:00 p.m.
Dinner: 6:00 p.m.–7:15 p.m.
Daily Open Classes in meditation, yoga, tai chi, or movement (subject to availability):
7:00–8:00 a.m., 12:15–1:00 p.m., 5:30–6:15 p.m., 5:30–6:30 p.m.
Meet the Teachers
Loch Kelly, MDiv, LCSW, is a graduate of Columbia University and Union Theological Seminary, ...
Tuition & Fees
The Way of Effortless Mindfulness
Tuition covers your workshop costs and time spent in class with the faculty. Please see Stay With Us below for accommodation choices—which include meals and other amenities for those who wish to stay with us. Or see Commute for those who will not be staying on campus overnight.
Accommodations cover your room, all meals, and use of amenities and facilities—which includes optional classes, evening performances, sampler classes (during the week), the lake, walking trails, parking, and all other guest services. A list of local hotels and inns is available for those who wish to stay off-campus and commute (see Commute below).
Omega reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If Omega cancels a program, you will receive a full refund.
Refunds are available (less a $55 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
Nonrefundable credit toward a future Omega program or stay (less a $55 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any Omega program or stay for one year following date of issue.
No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
For more cancellation policies, see individual workshops or the more detailed Omega Cancellations & Refund Policies page.
Program Insurance is available through TravMark's A+ Program Protection Plans. Get a free quote today.
Certificate of Attendance $ 25.00