Enrollment is limited for this program; register early. $25 materials fee for manual; include when you register. Enrollment period is November 2016 through start date.
CE and CME are available and included in the tuition. However, you must register for CE/CMEs to receive them. If you have not already done so, you may register for your CE/CMEs with Omega registration at 877.944.2002 before your arrival or at check-in. It is required that you attend all sessions for CE/CME certification.
In accordance with the Parnell Institute and EMDRIA standards, to complete EMDR basic training requirements, participants must complete this course, receive 10 hours of consultation from a Parnell Institute-approved consultant, and then take a Parnell Institute Advanced Clinical Workshop & Refresher Course (Part 3) . All three parts of the training must be completed within two years. The consultation hours are not included in the price of the training and are set by individual Parnell Institute consultants.
Please note that there are submission requirements for this course. Please send appropriate paperwork (see below) to:
150 Lake Drive
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
or scan and email to
Include the name of the course (Transforming Trauma With EMDR (Parts 1 & 2)) along with your name, address & phone number. Be advised that anyone not submitting the appropriate paperwork will not be allowed entrance into the class.
- Copy of license or certificate: Attendance is limited to mental health professionals who have a master’s degree or higher in the mental health field and are licensed or certified through a state or national board, which authorizes independent practice. Applicants should send a copy of their license or certificate.
- Canadian registration requirements: A minimum of master’s degree in clinical or counseling psychology or social work is required. Applicants should also hold membership in a professional association that has a written code of ethics or standards of conduct and hold professional liability insurance.
In addition to submitting the documentation mentioned above, there is required reading for this course:
- A Therapist’s Guide to EMDR: Tools and Techniques for Successful Treatment by Laurel Parnell
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures by Francine Shapiro
There is also recommended reading for this course:
- Transforming Trauma: EMDR: EMDR in the Treatment of Adults Abused As Children by Laurel Parnell
- Tapping In: A Step-by-Step Guide to Activating Your Healing Resources Through Bilateral Stimulation by Laurel Parnell
- Attachment-Focused EMDR: Healing Relational Trauma by Laurel Parnell
Lastly, upon registration, online reference materials will be made available to you by email. You may browse, download, and print (if you would like) these materials in preparation for the course. You will also receive a manual as well as other resources on the first day of the course.