Yin Yoga uses long-held postures that support us in accessing the deeper, more yin parts of ourselves.
In this 5-day teacher training with expert yoga instructors Biff Mithoefer and Eric Archer, we explore the basic principles of Yin Yoga and how it affects our physical, energetic, and emotional bodies. By understanding the basic principles of Yin Yoga, we learn how to lead a yin class and incorporate yin postures and philosophy into any yoga teaching or practice.
Guided by Biff and Eric, we:
- Explore the practice of non-striving and how it influences our lives and teachings
- Learn about the movement of qi (or prana) in the body and how it can be affected by Yin Yoga practice
- Develop our understanding of postures and sequencing
- Delve into the teachings of Taoist philosophy
- Gain a true understanding of what it means to hold a safe, sacred space for a Yin Yoga practice
- Begin to explore the stories held in our bodies with the support of spoken poetry, live music, and the practice of storytelling
This Yin Yoga Teacher Training is suitable for yoga teachers and practitioners at all levels of experience.