After retiring from an 18-year Hollywood acting career that appeared successful on the outside, Lisa Jakub needed to look at what was true on the inside. She had social anxiety, depression, and a debilitating panic disorder that often made it hard to leave the house, and at times left her lying on the floor of her closet.
Ultimately, Lisa found that yoga and mindfulness were powerful ways to manage her mental health and thrive.
Now, as a yoga teacher and mental health advocate, Lisa shares tools we can use to find peace and joy in the midst of life’s chaos. This weekend retreat includes lecture, group discussions, writing exercises, beginner-friendly asana, and meditation practice that give you the tools to:
- Support your mental and emotional well-being
- Get a deeper understanding of how to address trauma and heal from past experiences
- Explore and transform your inner critic
- Identify detrimental mental patterns and learn to shift your thoughts and behaviors
- Use ancient yogic philosophy and therapeutic writing to gain a deeper understanding of your purpose, connection, and authentic power