Note: Sharon Salzberg will participate via livestream.
Whether guiding a family, working in an organization, running a business, or holding public office, leadership involves deciding what matters most. Today, the old “command and control” leadership model is giving way to “connect and collaborate,” and women are playing a central role in this important shift.
This highly experiential workshop is for all who identify as women and want to use their leadership to create a caring, just, and sustainable future for everybody. Through reflection, dialogue, writing, movement, meditation, and contact with nature, we delve deep into our leadership stories in an intimate setting. In an intergenerational, multiracial circle of women, we examine current and historic systems of power and privilege and how they intersect, and learn what we can do to advance change. We engage in transformative exercises that awaken us to do power differently at the personal, relational, and global level.
Guided by expert teachers, we explore five leadership essentials—values, voice, vision, vessel, and voyage. Together we:
- Articulate our core values and the values necessary to create a culture of care
- Strengthen our capacity to communicate with authenticity and impact
- Create a compelling and actionable vision
- Engage in a healing exploration of our “vessel” or embodied self
- Learn to incorporate self-care practices, intersectionality, and empathy into our work
- Sketch a year’s leadership plan to put our values into action, elevate our voice, and actualize our vision
Whether you are a seasoned leader or beginning your leadership journey, this intensive can help you be the courageous, wise, and nurturing leader the world needs today.
Sharon Salzberg as guest faculty joins via livestream. Teachers are subject to change.