The six affirmations we offer are useless if you don’t employ them vigorously and often. At best, they’ll become lovely little sayings worthy of a needlepoint pillow. To make them effective tools in reconstructing the way you live your life, you’ll need to make them as much a part of your day as your toothbrush, razor, or morning run.
- Something needs to change, and it’s probably me.
- I don’t know how to do this but something inside me does.
- I will learn from my mistakes and not defend them.
- I will make right the wrongs I’ve done wherever possible.
- I will continue to examine my behavior on a daily basis.
- I will live my life in love and service, gratitude and trust.
Excerpted from Gratitude & Trust by Paul Williams and Tracey Jackson. Copyright © 2014. Used with permission.