"The retreat I led at Omega was my first in-person workshop since March 2020. I was concerned about the safety of the students, my own safety, and the message I would be sending to the Yoga community at large if I conducted a workshop with a "throw caution to the wind" attitude.
The moment I arrived at Omega I realized that Omega was on it. They, like many organizations, are presenting the public with a way forward. Students were required to be vaccinated and wear masks indoors and during classes. They complied without complaint. The process was joyous and productive. Omega's efforts in these uncertain times have my unqualified endorsement."
- Rolf Gates, 2021 faculty
RHINEBECK CAMPUS COVID SAFETY POLICY
As a nonprofit educational organization that embodies a philosophy of interdependence, we believe that the well-being of every individual is deeply connected to the well-being of all living things, and therefore we have a shared responsibility to protect public health and the safety of our community.
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have rigorously followed CDC, state, and local guidelines, introduced new safety protocols, and made many operational modifications to safeguard our campus experience. To that end, and after much consideration, Omega has determined we will temporarily require the COVID-19 vaccine for staff, faculty, visitors, and program participants. Additionally, our decision was based on surveying faculty, staff, and participants about safety, who overwhelmingly indicated they would feel safer coming to in-person programs if we required the vaccine at this time.
We do not take this decision lightly, and we will continue to revisit this temporary policy as conditions change. We understand this may preclude some valued members of our community from visiting campus, and apologize for any inconvenience. We also encourage people to visit Omega remotely through our many online offerings, available at eOmega.org.
We appreciate the grace and patience of our community, as we navigate the situation in real-time, and make adjustments along the way.
Here’s what we’re doing for your safety and well-being:
- CDC, New York State, and Dutchess County guideline compliance.
- Following CDC guidance masks are required inside all buildings. This policy is to maximize your protection, and all others, from the Delta variant. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Limited capacity in classrooms and dining facilities.
- Upgraded air filtration in classrooms.
- Dining Hall will have outdoor seating options. Assigned meal times to minimize traffic. (Lunch provided for commuters.) Masks should be worn in the Dining Hall until you are seated.
- Single occupancy accommodations (unless you are coming with someone you wish to room with).
- Hand sanitizing stations in convenient locations across campus, including entrances to all classrooms, and facilities.
- Deep cleaning across all campus facilities.
- Frequent sanitizing of all high touch areas.
- Limited Café service to take-out beverages and desserts, and outdoor seating.
- Limited Wellness Center services, when possible.
- Plexiglass dividers inside the Main Office and other communication areas, to create a barrier from front desk staff.
- A 50% deposit at the time of booking, and payment in full one week prior to arrival.
- No daily R&R fee for guests that book accommodations for a minimum 2-night stay on campus.
Here’s what we’re asking you to do:
- Review the NY State COVID-19 Travel Advisory
- Provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to arrival. Note: You need to have received your 2nd does of a 2-dose vaccine 2 weeks prior to arrival on campus (or if you get a 1 does vaccine that needs to be done 2 weeks prior to arrival on campus.) Fill out this form.
- Following CDC guidance masks are required inside all buildings.This policy is to maximize your protection, and all others, from the Delta variant. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Masks should be worn in the Dining Hall until you are seated.
- Social distance from others on campus.
- Wash your hands often, and use hand sanitizer provided before entering classrooms, the dining hall, and other buildings.
- Follow all COVID safety signage throughout campus.
Here’s what you can expect at arrival and departure:
- To minimize points of contact during check-in and check-out, we are encouraging participants to transport their own luggage to and from accommodations, when possible.