Little Flower Yoga (LFY) Teacher Training is a comprehensive, trauma-informed program in yoga and mindfulness practices for children and youth ages 3 to 18. Registered by Yoga Alliance, and offering as many as six optional graduate level credits (see below), the training focuses on supporting the communities you serve in accessing inner resources, building resilience, and healing.
The foundation of this training is rooted in building an attuned, compassionate relationship with our students and ourselves. From there, we equip you with a wide range of activities that you can immediately implement with the kids you work with.
You learn a clear, structured framework, based on our five element methodology, that will allow you to teach an integrated experience of yoga and mindfulness in any setting, whether in-person or virtually.
You return home with:
- A deeper understanding of child development
- Tools that help children navigate physical, mental, and emotional barriers to learning, including managing distractions and building emotional regulation skills
- The capacity and confidence to create programming that meets children’s needs The knowledge to teach safe, inclusive, and accessible classes, even when things get tough
This training combines all three levels of the Little Flower Yoga certification program for a deeply empowering experience, so that you can help kids thrive in the world regardless of circumstances.
Included in Little Flower Yoga Teacher Training
- 3 hours of pre-training self-paced content
- 90-minute livestream pre-training kickoff event with Jennifer Cohen Harper
- 5-day in-person immersion, starting Sunday, July 24, 2022
- 24 hours of self-paced content that can be completed at any time