Let's get into that playful state that makes art possible. Using fleeting multimedia projections, poetry, music, and off-beat, right-brain prompts, you will be tricked into effortlessly colliding with your true creative voice without overthinking or scaring it away.
In the studio with Jill Badonsky, an author/illustrator of three books on the creative process, a mindfulness and yoga teacher, and inspirational humorist, you bring more play, freedom, and mindfulness to your work—and less judgment.
Any perfectionistic tendencies, comparison to others, hesitancy, or immobilizing self-judgment will be terribly confused and asked to be excused.
During this week of free expression, you:
- Create with watercolor, sketching, intuitive writing, and smart camera photography that defy self-doubt, the "rules," and crippling comparison
- Unleash a deeper creative voice through the cultivation of intuition and mindfulness
- Experience what it's like to generate a plethora of art and writing in a short amount of time under the influence of an altered state of creating
- Learn how to get your focus back in a time where distraction is at an all-time high
- Enter a portal to the timeless, ageless, and deeply enjoyable creative flow
This retreat is well-suited for all levels of experience, from the intimidated beginner to the seasoned pro wanting a fresh voice.