Makes approximately 18 balls.
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 3 tablespoons raw organic cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon spirulina (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
Combine cashews, almonds, chia seeds, and hemp seeds in food processor until well-ground.
Add remaining ingredients until well-combined.
Form balls by shaping mixture in the palm of your hand. Store in refrigerator to harden.
Tip: If you live in a cool climate, you may want to melt the coconut oil prior to adding to the mixture. Place coconut oil in a heat-proof bowl into a pot of water. Heat slowly until coconut oil liquifies.
Copyright © Jon Gabriel. Used with permission.