Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) is a method used by more than 20 million people worldwide. It has revolutionized the practices of thousands of professionals such as life coaches, therapists, and health-care workers.
In this professional training, you develop your skills in evidence-based Clinical EFT, which has demonstrated efficacy in more than 100 studies. Step-by-step, with extensive guidance and feedback from Dawson Church, author of The EFT Manual, you build your understanding and practice the 48 core techniques of EFT, including more than 12 hours of hands-on demonstrations and supervised exercises.
Gain advanced tools to help your clients, even those with difficult conditions. Train to use unique 2-minute techniques that are proven to reduce stress. Learn how traumatic experiences are encoded in the brain and how EFT techniques can remove the emotional charge from negative childhood experiences and address severe trauma and emotional flooding.
Health professionals and coaches, as well as anyone interested in tapping to reduce stress, are invited to this training.
Prerequisite: There is a pre-requisite for this program; view the More Information for full details.
IMPORTANT Prerequisite: prior to start of workshop, you must complete the free online EFT Seminar at You can take this free online course now! Click here to sign up.
You must pass the quiz (this takes 5-10 hours) then print and send a copy of your certificate to Omega either by:
Omega Institute for Holistic Studies
150 Lake Drive
Rhinebeck, NY 12572
Or scan and email:
Prior to the Workshop (things to bring):
- Your completed and signed Release Forms with you to the workshop.
- A personal journal. There are periods during which you’ll be asked to reflect on, and write down, your experiences.
Please write a list of at least 5 emotional events and bring it to the class to work on during exercises. You don’t need a long description of any of these. Just the name of the event is enough.
Rather than major traumas, please choose minor ones. The reason for this is that the workshop is an interactive group learning experience. Major traumas require the support you get in an individual therapy session with a trained Clinical EFT practitioner. We want you to learn and practice EFT thoroughly, so that it becomes a lifelong tool. Major traumas are too intense for the early stages of the learning experience. You’ll work on them later.
If you’d like to work on major issues before the event, you’ll find a list of certified Clinical EFT practitioners at EFT Universe. You can also get live video sessions 24/7 at TappingPlace.com.
Please also bring a second list. This one should include at least 3 small annoyances to which you have a big emotional response. Examples include waiting in line, poor drivers, getting lost, and triggering words. What small events make you upset? Bring them to the workshop.
- The first day, please arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of the workshop to register, check in and get settled. We start each session exactly on time and ask that you be in your seat a couple of minutes early.
- We may have Emotional Assistants (EAs) for this workshop that perform a variety of duties to make the workshop run smoothly and ensure all participants are attended to as needed.
- When you arrive, turn in the Release Forms you printed and filled out before the event.
- The demonstrations on the stage in Dawson’s workshops are usually video taped, and posted on the EFT Universe web site as “tap alongs” that allow other people to benefit from the session. If you prefer not to be videotaped, don’t volunteer for a session on stage, instead, tap along in the audience. This technique, called “Borrowing Benefits,” has been shown in studies to be very effective.
- The staff often takes photos of people in the workshop to post on the EFT Universe Facebook page. If you’d prefer not to be photographed, let the staff at the front table during registration know this.
- There are healthy snacks and water in the Dining Hall and available for purchase in the Café and you are welcome to bring them with you to consume on breaks. Please drink plenty of water during the workshops, especially during the sessions to avoid dehydration.
- There are three breaks: 15 minutes mid-morning, 2 ½ hours for lunch, and another 15 minute break mid-afternoon. Get outside during the breaks, use them to relax and recharge.
- The lecture part of each module is kept to a minimum, because we include several hours of practical experience in the form of demonstrations, practice sessions and feedback.
- There is typically a Q&A session after each lecture. If questions occur to you during the lecture, write them down and ask them during the Q&A period. The reason for this is that many questions will be answered later in the lecture, and to avoid interrupting the flow of the lecture, we hold Q&A till the end.
- The workshops are presented as 4 modules each day, 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. A breakdown of what is taught in each module can be found on the EFT Class Outline page.
- In the back of the workbook, you will find Session Notes forms. You will start to record your sessions on the second day of the workshop.
Workshop Participation and Interaction:
Emotional Assistants (EAs) - are there to answer most logistical questions or issues (where are the bathrooms, the room is too cold, we need more water, etc.) and to provide assistance to those who may have a profound emotional reaction during a practice session.
We try to keep practice issues minor; however, emotions are messy and don’t always stay minor. They can get in the way of your learning during the workshops and tapping can bring up new issues as it peels away the layers. The EAs will walk around observing and interacting with you during the sessions and exercises.
If you are feeling emotionally overwhelmed, please do not hesitate to ask an EA to work with you. They may take you out of the room, but will focus on getting you stabilized and back into the room to continue learning as quickly as possible.
- Confidentiality. We ask that you not describe anyone’s session to anyone else outside this room in such a way that might identify them personally.
- If you have a question during a lecture, make a note and ask it afterwards, since your question might be answered later in the lecture.
- If you have a question about the instructions for any exercise, make sure you ask it before we start the exercise. The exercise instructions for each exercise are also in your workbook.
- During the practice sessions, you will alternate playing the role of coach and client. Dawson will ring bell when it is time to switch roles. Please pick a new partner for each exercise, so you get experience working with different people. As he, walks around and listens to your sessions, simply ignore him. When you are the coach, please do not turn your attention away from the client. It’s vitally important to give the client your full attention during the exercise, just as you would in a live session.
Please note there is a special schedule for this course: for the first session, Faculty asks that you arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of the workshop in order to check in, hand in required Release Forms and get settled. During the weekend, each session will start exactly on time and the Faculty asks that you be in your seat a couple of minutes early.
There are three daily breaks: 15 minutes mid-morning, 2 ½ hours for lunch, and another 15 minute break mid-afternoon. Get outside during the breaks, use them to relax and recharge.
|4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.||Check In (Rooms available after 5:00 p.m.)|
|7:30 p.m.–7:50 p.m.||Welcome & Orientation|
|8:00 a.m.–8:30 a.m.||Workshop Check-In|
|2:30 p.m.–5:30 p.m.||Workshop|
|2:30 p.m.–5:30 p.m.||Workshop|
|2:30 p.m.–5:30 p.m.||Workshop|
|1:00 p.m.||Check Out|
The above schedule is subject to change at the discretion of the faculty.
Dining Hall Hours (Meals begin with dinner on arrival day and end with lunch on departure day.):
Breakfast: 7:00 a.m.–8:45 a.m.
Lunch: Noon–2:00 p.m.
Dinner: 6:00 p.m.–7:15 p.m.
Daily Open Classes in meditation, yoga, tai chi, or movement (subject to availability):
7:00–8:00 a.m., 12:15–1:00 p.m., 5:30–6:15 p.m., 5:30–6:30 p.m.
Meet the Teachers
Dawson Church, PhD, is an integrative health-care researcher and an award-winning author whose...
Tuition & Fees
Required Prerequisite: You must complete the free online EFT seminar at theeftseminar.com pass the quiz and send a copy of your certificate to Omega prior to the start of on-campus workshop. Learn more.
Emotional Freedom Techniques
Tuition covers your workshop costs and time spent in class with the faculty. Please see Stay With Us below for accommodation choices—which include meals and other amenities for those who wish to stay with us. Or see Commute for those who will not be staying on campus overnight.
Accommodations cover your room, all meals, and use of amenities and facilities—which includes optional classes, evening performances, sampler classes (during the week), the lake, walking trails, parking, and all other guest services. A list of local hotels and inns is available for those who wish to stay off-campus and commute (see Commute below).
5 Nights Commuter Fee
If you are a commuter not staying in Omega accommodations, this non optional fee covers Omegas overhead costs, all meals, and use of the facilities, which includes optional classes, evening performances, sampler classes (during the week), the lake, walking trails, parking, and all guest services. An off-campus referral list is available.
Omega reserves the right to cancel a program at any time. If Omega cancels a program, you will receive a full refund.
Refunds are available (less a $55 processing fee) up to eight days before your program or stay.
Nonrefundable credit toward a future Omega program or stay (less a $55 processing fee) is available if you give notice between seven and one day(s) before your program or stay. Credit may be applied to any Omega program or stay for one year following date of issue.
No credit or refund is available if you cancel on the arrival day; if you do not show up; or if you leave an event early for any reason. No refund will be available if you attend a program and are dissatisfied with its presentation or content.
For more cancellation policies, see individual workshops or the more detailed Omega Cancellations & Refund Policies page.
Program Insurance is available through TravMark's A+ Program Protection Plans. Get a free quote today.
|Certificate of Attendance||$25|